SLAM is the No. 1 outlet in the world of basketball. We cover all things hoop-related--from NBA, college ball, and high school hoops to old-school stories, kicks, streetball, and the fashion of the game. We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative Junior Graphic Designer to primarily design graphics for our social media channels and occasionally work on sales and marketing materials for the brand.
The Junior Graphic Designer will work closely with the Designer and collaborate directly with the editorial and sales teams to implement dynamic and creative design solutions that reflect the visual voice and attitude of SLAM magazine while meeting tight deadlines. This is a very hands-on position on a small team where there is a lot of opportunity to gain experience.
This is a full-time position and is based in New York City.
- Create custom graphics for social media
- Prepare/size photos for social media formats
- Perform photo and illustration research
- Assign illustrations
- Design and update sales and marketing materials
- Assist the Designer with daily assigned tasks
- Bachelor degree in Graphic Design
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent sense of layout and design
- Strong typographic skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Eagerness to learn, enthusiasm and an easy-going attitude
- A strong interest in basketball is preferred
Please send cover letter, resume, PDF samples (under 10MB) and/or a link to an online portfolio to email@example.com with "Junior Graphic Designer" in the subject line.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Please send cover letter, resume, PDF samples (under 10MB) and/or a link to an online portfolio to email@example.com with "Junior Graphic Designer" in the subject line.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.