PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SUBMIT A COVER LETTER! Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Thank you.
Viacom International Media Networks is currently seeking a freelance Project Based Graphic Junior Designer to join their Multiplatform & Brand Engagement team in New York, NY. This individual will report to the Multiplatfrom Content Manager and will be responsible for designing images for desktop and mobile sites, social media, apps, and marketing materials.
- Localize existing game logos and promotional images/text into additional languages for international markets (translations will be provided).
FOR PRODUCT MARKETING
- Source all screengrabs for brand apps for Apple, Google, Amazon stores.
- Create custom key art for priority iTunes playlists on Apple.
- Create feature banner assets for for Apps and TV promotions for Apple, Google, Amazon stores.
- Create additional marketing and promotional assets as required.
- Assisting in designing promotional elements for partner pitch decks.
- Design marketing materials which will be published in Nickelodeon Play, Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. websites.
- Design promotional images for various content types (i.e. video, games, social) for use on multiple digital platforms.
- Have an editorial eye to source screen grabs for video content and color correct as necessary.
- Designer will be working directly with Managers of global products. Ideal candidate will be able to integrate into current workflows but also have the flexibility to adapt to new workflows as they evolve.
- Deliverables will include both static & animated files, knowledge of both is instrumental. Must be able to understand image specs of each platform and deliver final versions of each file to spec without additional need for QA.
- Ideal candidate will be able to source pre-existing design assets from our internal asset repositories and operate within brand guidelines to decide which assets are best suited for each promotional image.
- BA/BFA degree required.
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe After Effects is required. Comfortable working in Adobe Creative Suite overall. Proficiency in video editing software is a plus.
- Nickelodeon International values strong design sensibility. The ideal candidate will also be open and willing to learn and assist with basic production needs. Learn to meet daily, weekly, and long-term deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience working in digital design or thumbnail/promo image creation is a huge plus. Previous experience working on Social Media assets also a plus.
- Strong communication skills. Role will be liaising with different Managers, each with various projects in the mix at the same time.
- Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills required.
- Prior experience creating consumer-facing graphics and a solid grasp of design/composition concepts. Must be able to show previous design work upon request.
To prevent spam, this private address forwards directly to an employer @viacom.com Please send cover letter as well.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.