Interactive Design is a piece of Boston University's award-winning Creative Services group. Nestled within the department of Marketing & Communications on West Campus, the ID hive is always buzzing with innovative designers, wicked smart developers, and colorful copywriters, all of whom have a deep knowledge and passion for BU culture.
If you're passionate, conscientious and love to concept, design, prototype, test, & launch interactive projects from large websites to editorial stories to mobile applications, this is a place for you. You'll work closely with a team of copywriters, project managers, photographers, and developers while ensuring the project meets high standards of quality and addresses the client's strategic goals. All while being around some really nice people.
What you'll do:
You'll work on designing interactive projects of many different sizes and complexities. For some of our largest, and most immersive projects you'll take the lead and create great sites like the College of Communications (http://www.bu.edu/com/), or Questrom School of Business (http://www.bu.edu/questrom). You'll design stories like this one about searching for new physics at the LHC (http://www.bu.edu/research/articles/new-physics-large-hadron-collider-cern/) or explain climate change lessons from Venice (http://www.bu.edu/bostonia/fall14/lessons-from-venice/).
- Participate in all aspects of the interactive design process: Information Architecture, Wireframing, Prototyping, User Experience, Visual Design, and Frontend markup.
- Collaborate with developers to build complex functionality.
- Supervise the work of collaborating team members to ensure that client and institutional branding objectives are achieved;
- Maintain a state-of-the-art understanding of current and emerging tools and technology.
- Design both small to large university sites and longform, highly interactive, narrative editorial stories for several in-house editorial channels.
- Create great design, while still having a life beyond the office.
What you'll have:
- Minimum 5 - 8 years' experience creating and improving online services through outstanding design;
- Extraordinary oral and written communication skills;
- Direct experience designing for multiple platforms and contexts;
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS.
- Understanding of content management systems such as WordPress;
- Experience assessing, prioritizing, and solving technical problems related to interactive design;
- Ability to present work to clients and stakeholders in a compelling and thoughtful way.
- Understanding of responsive design & touch based interactions
- Strong storytelling experience
- Understanding how to design large & complex information-rich sites
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Ability to work on teams with colleagues from several BU departments/organizations.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.