ABOUT THE TEAM
At Stitch Fix, the Expert Use team creates and builds solutions
and services across our entire business, to enable us to achieve
our vision of transforming the way people find what they love.
We've built unique, innovative software for merchandising,
warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics.
We use vast amounts of client and internal data to clarify
decisions throughout the company. We thrive in the overlap of
people and tech, tackling problems not only of interfaces, but also
emotion, physical space, and movement. All of this results in a
simple, powerful offering to our clients, a revolutionary way of
operating, and a very successful business. We believe we are only
scratching the surface of our opportunity - what will you
ABOUT THE ROLE
On the Expert Use side of the Stitch Fix Product Design team, we
support four major platforms: customer support, styling,
merchandising, and warehouse. We initiate and support cross-product
projects. Stitch Fix has a user-centered culture and we help
surface user research to the teams who use it to make decisions.
The team is currently small, so we're looking for top-notch
designers to help us shape design process within the company.
YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU
- Work on wicked complex problems and systems, across a variety
of interface and interaction types, spaces, and user groups. This
includes physical and spatial considerations, designing for
specific environments and specialized audiences.
- Work closely with the merchandising, customer service, styling,
and/or warehouse business team as you craft extraordinary user
experiences and ensure that UX requirements are set and met for the
internal systems that drive our business.
- Work closely with our algorithms team to incorporate data
insights into designs, as well as to deliver data-rich content to
users in simple ways.
- Deliver production-quality solutions that improve the business
and the abilities of Stitch Fix's employees to make better, faster
- Integrate qualitative and quantitative insights about our users
and business to propose thoughtful, human-centered features,
processes, and interface designs.
- Plan, lead, and manage your projects, from collaborative
ideation to research strategy to execution.
- Lead cross-functional teams in collaborative problem solving
and user-centered design.
- Evaluate your designs with designers and team members - from
discovery research to running a usability study to evaluations with
our data science team.
- Partner with engineering and QA to ensure that the deployed
design is the right level of polish and quality for its
- Be an integral part of our team by contributing to style
guides, evangelizing UX in the company, providing design feedback
and critiques, and inspiring the team to improve our design
- Mentor the more junior designers on the team to grow their
skills and contributions, and help them to develop as product
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU
- You have 5+ years experience as a UX / product designer for
- You posses an "always-learning" attitude and practice.
- You have a passion for complex systems and problems, and for
working closely with the users who will depend on your
- You champion a fundamentally user-centered and reality-based
approach to UX design.
- Experience with Fitts' Law and ergonomic design practice and an
aggressive approach to increasing operator efficiency.
- You tell clear stories about your work, have strong
presentation skills; excellent verbal and written communication
- You are excellent at prioritizing, planning, and executing work
that is right-sized.
- Fantastic interaction design, app design, and process design
- Excellent UX research skills and strong research strategy
- Strong visual interface design skills.
- An educational background in human-computer interaction,
interaction design, human factors design, or similar.
- Supplementary design skills, like voice design, hands-free
design, service/system design, front-end coding, and/or sound
design are a plus.
- A knack for UI copy is a plus.
YOU WILL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE
- Are a successful, fast-growing company with a start-up work
- Are a technology and data-centric business, all in the service
of our customers.
- Offer competitive salaries, equity and comprehensive health
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping
for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart and experienced leadership team that wants to do
it right is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy taking initiative.
- Are a group of bright and kind people who are motivated by
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don't take ourselves
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will
know that the work you do brings substantial positive impact to our
users every day.
ABOUT STITCH FIX
Stitch Fix is an online personal style service for men and women
combining art and science to disrupt and redefine the retail
industry. We're the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling,
proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a refined
shopping experience. Using a blend of art and science, we deliver a
deeply personalized shopping service to our customers. We leverage
vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the
company. This novel juxtaposition-at once analytical and artistic,
technical and adventurous-attracts an extraordinary collection of
talented people who are both thinkers and doers. Our diverse
workforce has catalyzed enormous company growth over the past three
years in terms of customer satisfaction and service efficacy. All
of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and
a successful, growing business. We'd love for you to help us carry
on the trend.