A Global Leader in Business Events
PCMA is the world's largest and most forward-thinking community
for Business Events Strategists and organizers, providing
senior-level education, networking and market intelligence for the
global business events industry.
Our vision is to drive global economic and social transformation
through business events.
We are achievers with a mission to educate & inspire more
than 7,000 members and an audience of more than 50,000 individuals
through the creation of meaningful experiences that set out to
disrupt "thinking" at the intersection of social consciousness and
Headquartered in Chicago, PCMA world-class management team
oversees 17 chapters throughout the United States, Canada and
Mexico with members in more than 40 countries globally - and
We hire ambitious, capable professionals who thrive on
entrepreneurial spirit, collaboration and who what to "Change the
Way the World Works". Our people are passionate about progress,
welcome constant change and understand the value of engagement and
success. We love coming to work because we believe in our products,
services and our culture.
A Pivotal Time of Change
PCMA is at a pivotal moment of digital transformation,
accelerated by the impacts of COVID-19 including designing digital
content and experiences, shifts to remote workforce, and building a
data-driven, audience-centric culture within the organization and
industry. This transformation and current realities surrounding
COVID reinforces our need for a "New Now" and focus on Purpose,
Community, and Value Creation in the business events industry.
This requires reimagined thinking, reimagined business models, and
reimagined talent building and structures.
The Product Development "Organization"
The Product Development "Organization" is a reimagined team
combining existing talent from Education, with new talent
development in research, product development, and
user/learner-centric design. Our goal is to build knowledge,
capability, and commerce of audiences through viable products and
drive transformative growth through business "event" experiences --
gathering of people with shared interest, and meeting them in the
mediums where they live.
Role of the Learning Experience Designer
The Learning Experience Designer at PCMA will lead user and
learner design of integrating PCMA products, from aspects of
branding, design, usability, and function, to the experience users
have with a product from purchasing it to troubleshooting it. With
the combination of both UX and a focus on content and learning
styles/learner preference, you will focus on the learner journey
and ensure that products are not only usable but engaging,
relevant, and fun, too.
Unlike traditional instructional design, the Learning Experience
Designer is human-centered, looks at a holistic learning and
digital experience, and leverages the concept of learner personas
rather than simply performing needs analysis. You take into
consideration content, curation, situated learning, data and
analytics, and are technology-enabled.
The Learning Experience Designer will demonstrate
ability to develop and execute the following:
- Conduct user research to understand learner and digital
participant motivations, values and views, and learning
- Identify the performance, skills, and knowledge, information
and mindset gaps of a targeted audience and create, select and/or
suggest learning experiences to close this knowledge and skills
- Synthesize research outcomes into viable product
- Set vision for the user experience, implementing user-centered
- Define personas, mediums, user requirements - features and
functionality - to meet learner/online participant and product
- Provide detailed product specifications and requirements to
Create & Curate.
- Manage content development, design, storyboarding through
technical production and documentation processes across product
- Work with content creators and curate content to fit learner
Design & Test.
- Design and deliver Omni-channel learning experiences, balancing
pedagogical methods with various delivery outputs that touch
multiple types of users and customers in the global business events
- Design wireframes and interactive prototypes, test and collect
- Advocate for accessible design principles and
- Demonstrate leadership by acting as design owner within your
scrum through the conception, build and release of software
- Exercise a high level of technical acumen with a thorough
understanding of front-end tech and will factor it into your work
limitations and constraints knowing when to push boundaries.
Deliver - Learn - Evolve.
- Deliver learning and digital experience products, create
feedback loops, and gather data-driven and actionable insights.
- Drive customer testing and incorporate customer research and
insights into content development and through each iteration of a
- 5-7+ years of Product Design experience working on a mix of
consumer and enterprise products.
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Instructional
Design/Technology or related fields (or equivalent work
- 3+ years of experience designing content with authoring and
learning management tools, experience in Captivate, Articulate,
Lectora, Dreamweaver, html (or similar).
- A demonstrable portfolio of work (professional and personal)
which displays the projects you have worked on and includes
examples of your story-telling skills, from low-fidelity sketches
through to detailed designs.
- Mastery of Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite, along with
proficiency in prototyping software (Invision, Figma, Proto.io,
- Micro learning, micro credentialing and gamification experience
- Managed multiple successful product launches that drove
meaningful impact to the business.
- Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple LX/UX/UI
- Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive
consensus and mine for value.
- The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts
and evangelize on their behalf.
- Experience working in fast-paced, continuous delivery
- Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery
through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to
- Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across
diverse, global teams.
- Ability to work within brand style-guide with a desire to push
existing standards to the next level.
- You are a natural leader with exceptional communication skills,
using rapid visual design techniques.
- You know how to bring multiple stakeholders to the table to
understand and solve problems.
- You have a curious mindset, aren't afraid to push boundaries
with a willingness to fail and learn
- You embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration
- You have visual, auditory and kinesthetic learning design
skills with the ability to tell a story that moves someone to
think, feel, and act.
- You are comfortable working with fuzzy requirements and have
the ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- You can juggle multiple top-priority tasks and efficiently
focus on delivery.
- You are positive and resilient personality.
- You thrive working in a self-guided manner and collaborating
with cross-functional teams
- You are passionate about transformation, learning and progress
in every area of our lives.
About PCMA (additional information):
Our Strategic Plan - Member Centric, Innovation,
Our five-year strategic plan guides all of our activities. It
helps us focus on our priorities and provides measurable standards
of our performance. The plan leverages the best of our past
experiences and the knowledge about where the industry needs to go
in the future. We have 3 critical organizational goals that will
help us achieve our vision and mission.
- Goal #1 Audience-Centric Organization. Expand
PCMA audience and deepen PCMA's impact to its audience by a
relentless focus on audience needs both current and emerging and
identifying multi-channel education and services to evolve the
industry and market.
- Goal #2 Innovative Education, Events and Engagement
Program & Service Offerings. Develop a series of
progressive programs, driven by audience need, designed to advance
the vocation and value of the business events strategist across the
business community around the world.
- Goal #3 Financial and Operational Success.
Build culture and structure to grow membership, audience and
revenue, and seek and evaluate opportunities to support growth
objectives. Invest in research and innovation to advance business
Our People and Culture
"PCMA is celebrated for programs that are cutting-edge and
provocative, delivering what business events strategists need to be
successful", said Tonya Almond, PCMA Vice President of Knowledge
and Experience Design.
- Our people have a Passion for
- Our people contribute to a variety of projects that positively
impact our members and social issues at large.
- Our people are fearless, innovators and collaborators who know
how to leverage the collective genius of the whole to execute on
large-scale events and who take smart risks - testing, measuring,
and creating again.
- Our people work with leading brands and influential business
leaders across the country and around the world.
- Our people enjoy the autonomy and flexibility to manage their
work; while our expectations are high, we expect our people to
bring their best ideas and their best self to work each and every
Above all, our People are valued. They play a meaningful role in
building solutions and shaping the future of PCMA. We believe that
having a diverse workforce is not enough,
we also need to build a culture of inclusion that leverages the
strengths of all of our employees.