STORY is a first-of-its kind retail concept that changes like a gallery, takes the point of view of a magazine, and sells things like a store. Our mission is to create accessible discovery at the intersection of community and small business.
Once upon a time, a store in Chelsea named STORY decided to act like a magazine and change its theme and merchandise every 4-8 weeks-creating an entirely different type of immersive retail experience. Fast forward seven years - STORY has become a model for the future of retail, pioneered a new retail media business model, and built a vibrant community of consumers and small businesses, all while partnering with Fortune 500 companies in totally new ways. Now, STORY is ready to take the success of its NYC location national by not just changing the paint on the car, but reinventing the engine. STORY's immediate next chapter lives within select Macy's doors- we are seeking an amazing co-authors to help us write it!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Manager of Vendor Experience is responsible for ensuring a seamless and on-brand experience for STORY vendors during onboarding, purchase order or subsequent follow up processes. In close partnership with the merchandise team, the manager will be the day to day contact with vendors and guide them through all processes related to their order.
- Maintain strong vendor relationships and serve as our vendors' main point of contact.
- Seek to maintain vendor satisfaction by ensuring transparent communication channels, plan upfront to prevent inaccurate shipments and/or packaging issues.
- Provide support to onboard new vendors
- Oversee a streamlined and satisfying vendor experience from onboarding to payment.
- Maintain vendor portal and update vendor resource guides, ensuring accuracy and accessibility of content.
- Develop strong relationship with key Macy's partners.
- Serve as the conduit for STORY vendors and help ensure speedy conflict resolution
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS + REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a vendor relations role
- Understanding of merchandising operations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and executive presence for providing information to executive team, business partners, owners, and other external partners
- Proficient in Microsoft suite and high level of comfort with technology systems
- Excellent data management and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Documenting information on individual charge
- Research and respond to vendor chargeback disputes
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.