- Own the creation and implementation of an organization-wide social media and newsletter growth and engagement strategy that ensures Unreasonable moves from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of followers within the next year. (Note: Social media will be close to 70% of this role.)
- Manage the Company's social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube) and newsletters on a day-to-day basis, as well as company-related posts on the CEO's personal social media pages.
- Help drive the vision and content strategy of Unreasonable.is as it manifests on social media, stewarding the Unreasonable brand and representing its voice to the world.
- Manage the social media budget. Run paid campaigns and promotions to expand reach, acquire new followers, and attract newsletter subscribers.
- Lead the analytics of our social platforms and Unreasonable.is, utilizing the data to make strategic decisions.
- Own the development and execution of viral social media campaigns, integrated across our video and editorial teams.
- Stay informed and up-to-date about the work and achievements of all key people in our community - from our entrepreneur fellows to our mentors and Unreasonable.is contributors - and consistently spread the love across our social channels.
- Allow the world to follow the journey of all programs that Unreasonable runs globally by managing an integrated and real-time social media strategy, sometimes for programs that occur in tandem.
- Work with partners (e.g. Barclays, Pearson, the U.S. Department of State, Johnson & Johnson, etc.) to plan and implement social media strategies, run campaigns, and develop reports on our progress.
- Build relationships with key digital influencers, and bring them into our community.
- Work under the guidance of the Senior Director of Media - and in tandem with the media team - to constantly re-imagine strategies that best represent the voice of Unreasonable, building a movement the world has never seen before.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR....
- You have experience building a brand's social presence from the ground up, especially during periods of fast growth and scale.
- You are supremely entrepreneurial and love to run experiments to test your ideas.
- You are equal parts left-brain and right-brain. You are wildly creative, yet you love to analyze the details to make informed decisions.
- You believe magic is in the details. Every pixel and letter counts.
- You love data. Nothing about it scares you, and you know how to confidently navigate Google Analytics and other data tracking platforms. To be clear, you are comfortable with analytics and data.
- You are a strong writer, and you believe in the power of telling stories that drive action.
- You excel at creating infographics, GIFs, and other multimedia. This stuff lights you up.
- You are a flawless multi-tasker, able to seamlessly shift between conversations, projects, and relationships. You thrive in this kind of environment.
- You are equally able to collaborate with a multinational partner or teammate as you are able to take full ownership of a project from start to finish.
- You enjoy working on a small, fast-paced team with autonomy and ambiguity, willing to jump on tasks as they arise.
- You show up with empathy, humility and generosity. Your intent with all your work is to create positive impact - for entrepreneurs, your team members, and beyond.
- You believe deeply in the importance of transparent and honest communication in what you write and how you get along with your team.
- You are what we would refer to as a GyShiDo Master.
- You always follow up and follow through on your word.
- You are not the type of person who says, "That's not my job."
- You are willing to learn things you don't know and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- As you read our Company's core values, you get more and more excited with each value you come across.
Bonus points if you...
- Have built a social media following for an individual or organization from 10,000 to over 100,000 in a matter of months. Ideally, you've been part of a team that has hit 1M+ followers.
- Use the Adobe Suite with absolute dexterity and consider yourself a designer.
- Are well-versed in the entrepreneurial ecosystem. You know this space and who the influencers are.
- Your work has been featured in major outlets like The New York Times, The Guardian, Telegraph, Financial Times, Upworthy, etc. Even more points if you have solid contacts and connections at such outlets.
- Have lived and worked in a variety of places, and you know how to reach many different audiences.
What you'll get...
As a full-time employee of Unreasonable Group, you will receive many benefits including unlimited paid vacation (mandatory 2 weeks a year), employer contributed healthcare coverage for you and one dependent, global company cell phone plan, a SIMPLE IRA with company match, 12-weeks paid parental leave, and the chance to work with a fast-paced entrepreneurial team hellbent on ensuring we help play our part in bending history in the right direction. In addition to base salary, all employees are allotted with a robust bonus structure that is aligned with the annual goals of the company. One of our core values is "We > I" and our bonus structure is representative of the team's overall performance rather than any one employee's specific achievements within the company. Finally, as office tenants of Industrious Boulder, we enjoy top notch amenities, daily free breakfast, weekly happy hours, and iconic Flatiron views =)
- July 24th: Application goes live.
- August 8th:Your application is due_._
- August 10th: If you are invited to the next round of the process, we will schedule a 20 minute phone call with you.
- August 15th: We will give select applicants a small "trial project" representative of the type of work associated with this position. Though we will give you 6 days to finish your "trial project," it should only take a few hours to complete.
- August 27th - 31st: Assuming both of us want to continue exploring the potential of working together, we'll fly you out to Boulder, Colorado, to meet with our team.
- August 30th - 5th: We will conduct background checks and reference checks on the two to three most compelling applicants for this position.
- September 7th: Assuming you made it through the reference checks, you will be notified whether or not the position is yours.
- September 17th (or earlier): Ideally, those accepted will be able to join the company full time no later than September 17th, 2018.
At Unreasonable, our goal is to become a global brand with a diverse team that is representative of the community we serve. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other non-job-related factors. We value diversity and are committed to building a team and an inclusive culture that represents a global perspective of experiences, skills, backgrounds, and expertise. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission of driving resources to and breaking down barriers for entrepreneurs solving BFPs.
Please apply via this link: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/fxjtit812k?utm_source=krop
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.