MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (MCS)
Invest Atlanta is the City of Atlanta's economic development
authority. We advance Atlanta's global competitiveness by growing a
strong economy and building vibrant communities, putting equity at
the forefront of everything we do. Invest Atlanta also includes the
Women's Entrepreneurship Initiative and WorkSource Atlanta, the
City's workforce development agency to help achieve these
Invest Atlanta is seeking a markeing communications professional
with three or more years of experience to help us engage
businesses, residents, partners, and other key stakeholders in our
mission, primarily through content development and distribution,
social media, events, and other initiatives.
The MCS will be a key member of Invest Atlanta's Marketing and
Communications team, working directly with the Vice President of
Marketing and Communications, other marketing and communications
teammates, our community engagement specialist, department-level
executives and program managers, and external agencies. The
candidate should be enthusiastic content creator across media types
with a passion for storytelling, including writing and graphic
design. This is an opportunity for an individual who is ready to
further their career in a fast-paced, collegial environment that
offers new challenges and opportunities to grow.
- Implement Invest Atlanta's agency-wide marketing communications
program to educate the public and stakeholders about Invest
Atlanta's mission to increase prosperity for all Atlanta residents,
businesses and communities.
- Develop and publish engaging website content in line with
Invest Atlanta's brand message strategy.
- Manage the social media calendar, including content
- Develop and execute email campaigns.
- Design graphics and other creative materials.
- Plan and execute events with department-level project managers
and external partners.
- Support senior executives with presentation materials.
- Maintain a library of communications assets, e.g., PowerPoint
slides, reports, brochures/flyers, photography, logos, etc.
- Provide recurring reports measuring the effectiveness of Invest
Atlanta's outreach through marketing communications.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Experience with content development and marketing
communication, including a track record of generating positive
- Organizational and project management skills with an attention
- Strong writing and copyediting skills; familiarity with AP
- Verbal communication skills and desire to positively represent
Invest Atlanta in public settings.
- Ability to establish and grow relationships with internal
contacts and partner organizations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel,
- Some experience in graphic design and design programs, e.g.,
- Familiarity with marketing communications software, e.g.,
- Flexibility and an enthusiastic, results-oriented mindset.
Additional Skills and Abilities Desired
- Use of GIS software, e.g., mapping tools, for marketing
- Photography and photo and video skills editing are a plus.
- Affinity for working with people in a team environment.
- Exposure to economic development, community relations and/or
Education & Experience
- Educational background in marketing, journalism,
communications, or public relations.
- Work experience communications in an agency, nonprofit,
corporate or government setting.
Resumes should be submitted to: email@example.com
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants, including but not limited to minorities, females,
disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.