Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, Inc. is a non-profit, non-member organization governed by a board of 11 community individuals. SMTT is the official travel and tourism promotion agency for the City of Santa Monica. It is our job to promote Santa Monica and encourage visitors to stay longer and enjoy more of what our destination has to offer. SMTT operates five (5) locations: Visitor Information Kiosk in Palisades Park; Visitor Information Center at the Santa Monica Pier; Visitor Information Cart on the 3rd Street Promenade; Visitor Information Center on Main Street; and, a Mobile Information Vehicle. For more information, please visit www.santamonica.com.
This position provides comprehensive support for the marketing department and is intimately involved in the daily oversight and execution of various programs within these areas. Duties vary on a daily and weekly basis in accordance with the strategic direction of SMTT and its various initiatives.
- Works directly with marketing team personnel on various programs. Related activities include but are not limited to collateral production, website maintenance, social media, community relations development, visitor center services and destination and SMTT awareness promotions.
- Tracking Santa Monica online presence (ex. Google analytics and social media tracking tools).
- Assist in maintaining content on SantaMonica.com so that it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Create outreach and collect information from local businesses for SantaMonica.com specials pages.
- eNewsletter and outreach development and execution, including collecting and/or producing content and images, importing and exporting of contact list.
- Help research, plan and create relevant content for social media implementation including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google+.
- Collect and shoot new photos for use on digital platforms such as SantaMonica.com, @seesantamonica Instagram account, etc.
- Refresh and reorganize photo galleries as new photos and articles are acquired.
- Responsible for updating marketing Standard Operational Procedure (SOP) binders as needed.
- Design and/or update banner ads, print advertisements, postcards, brochures and electronic invites, PowerPoint presentations and other promotional materials as needed.
- Work with outside print vendors on production of printed collateral.
- Represent SMTT at community events and tourism industry functions. May travel domestically or internationally. Some nights and/or weekends may be required.
- Maintain filing systems for organization's records, clients, project files and responsible for continually updating these files.
- Responsible to produce monthly, quarterly, and year-end marketing reports.
- Assist with errands as needed for organization, including but not limited to printer, post office, storage facility, visitor center locations and other businesses within Santa Monica.
- Assist organization in carrying out all programs, projects and special events as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or combination of relevant internship experience.
- Familiar with using social media for business including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Ability to develop working timelines and project management tools.
- Strong customer service and business etiquette skills.
- Reliable, responsible, honest and trustworthy.
- Good self-management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- A personal commitment to excellence, professionalism and creativity.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of MAC applications and office computer software including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Must be free to travel as needed to carry out SMTT goals.
- Knowledge of Santa Monica a plus.
- This is an at-will position. As an at-will employer, either SMTT or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without good cause or advance notice.
- Physical demands and the work environment described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to engage staff with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk and reach with arms and hands. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and perform repetitive motions 50% of the time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability or condition of having AIDS, in accordance with requirements of local, state, and federal law.
How to Apply:
To apply please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line MKTCRD2018.
You will not be considered for employment if you fail to follow the application instructions. We do not accept phone calls, walk-ins or emails.
The marketing coordinator should have the following, be sure to highlight in your cover letter: 1. Adobe Creative Suite experience listed on their resume is a must (Photoshop and InDesign in the very least) 2. Writing and/or social media experience (even if as part of internship) 3. No more than 5 years of professional work experience These 3 items are a requirement and you will not be considered for employment if you don't have!
Email email@example.com Follow Application Instructions
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.