Variety: Marketing Designer
Variety is seeking a passionate and energetic full-time Marketing Designer to join our marketing team in Los Angeles. The Marketing Designer will promote the redesigned and re-imagined weekly magazine and website. This role also interacts on an ongoing basis with Variety Sales, Events, Conferences, and Circulation. This position is responsible for developing and executing original design concepts and overseeing multiple design and production projects simultaneously. Reporting to Variety's Art Director, this role offers an exciting opportunity to conceptualize and execute bold ideas in both print and digital and is a role poised for growth.
- Design and branding
- Print ads, web ads, banner ads
- Printed signage
- Media kits, sell sheets
- PowerPoint Decks
- Logo creation
- Features promotion
- Program Guides
- Direct mail
- Strong conceptual thinker who is prolific with ideas.
- Ego-free. Invites feedback and knows how and when to defend design choices.
- Have a strong understanding of, and passion for, typography and design principles.
- Must have solid organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with pixel-perfect execution from beginning to completion.
- Have a willingness to work the hours necessary to meet deadlines.
- Inspires passion, dedication, and excellence from others.
- Take risks in design, pushes past the obvious and makes something outstanding.
- Strong grasp of creative and production processes.
- Adobe Creative Suite skills.
- Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent work experience.
Recognized and respected throughout the world as the definitive voice of the entertainment industry, Variety has been the premier source of entertainment news for over a century. Since 1905, the most influential leaders and decision makers in entertainment have turned to Variety for timely, credible and straightforward news, analysis and perspective - taking our readers behind the cameras, curtains and screens of film, television, theatre and digital media with our unique, award-winning combination of breaking news reporting, insightful deep dive think pieces and engaging, must-read feature spotlights. Variety's parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today's fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.