As marketing & Communications Director, you will drive the development and execution of marketing and PR strategies for our agency. You'll lead multi-channel initiatives to continuously increase Grow's visibility in the industry among our peers, prospective clients, and talent recruits. You'll also occasionally contribute to the marketing and PR strategies for our client campaigns.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated command of business strategy, exceptional writing skills, a passion for the digital marketing industry, and an eye for "what's next." Deep experience in digital and social media marketing is required.
View 5 job postings at Grow
- Develop integrated marketing and PR strategies for Grow, and direct the execution of those strategies with agency resources and outside partners
- Manage and publish a steady stream of social and web content to showcase the agency's work, people, culture, and community impact efforts.
- Represent marketing and PR strategy within the leadership team, helping drive the direction of the company
- Contribute to marketing and PR strategies for client campaigns, alongside other agency stakeholders
- Follow industry news and trends to identify opportunities for company promotion, and to help inspire the agency and its work
- Manage and execute submissions to industry awards shows
- Identify and facilitate opportunities to raise the visibility of agency team members, including speaking and teaching opportunities, jury memberships, and thought leadership
- Develop relationships with key influencers and media contacts to keep Grow top of mind
- Direct and oversee Grow's sponsorship initiatives at the local and national levels
This is a full-time position at our office in downtown Norfolk, VA. Grow offers paid relocation and temporary housing for selected candidates.
In your cover letter, please note the most exemplary brand for which you've defined and executed a marketing and communication strategy, along with links to the channels (web, social, PR, or otherwise) that best demonstrate your impact for that brand.
At Grow, amazing clients and an inspiring environment come standard, but the best part is finding yourself among a close-knit group of about 45 incredibly talented and motivated colleagues. We're part of a community of like-minded people in the Norfolk / Virginia Beach area who spend our time creating great work and building a culture around us-with lovely beaches, urban amenities, and family-friendly opportunities throughout the region.
You'll start with a full month of paid vacation and holiday leave, including two weeks in which the company pauses operations-one at midsummer, and one at the holidays. A wealth of additional company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, disability, paid training, and more.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.