We're looking for a marketing pro who can do it all: strategize, project-manage, juggle a complex portfolio, and support a team of great program staff so that we can provide the best service and support to our growing community of 120,000 organizations and millions of opportunity seekers.
We're looking for someone who approaches their work with authenticity, heart, and dedication, and truly believes in Idealist's mission. You have boundless creativity, and are both a strategizer, and a doer. If you think this is you, and you want to work in a beautiful, fun office with a talented group of people, please read on!
Responsible for the marketing needs for our Client, Support, Careers, and Graduate School Education teams, the Marketing Manager will work with our staff to develop and implement marketing initiatives to expand our audience, and to ensure the world knows about our programs.
This is a full-time position in our New York City office reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
This role could be your next great job if:
- You've led multiple, successful, large-scale multimedia marketing and advertising campaigns
- You love strategizing, but you also thrive on jumping in and getting the job done
- You're a calculated risk-taker, and have a knack for knowing what moves people
- You have a highly developed aesthetic, with extensive experience working with web and graphic designers and video production, and like dabbling in at least some of these disciplines yourself
- You have a great aptitude for all the major digital channels and platforms. You know that a communication strategy on Instagram should be different than one on Facebook, and you know how to create an SEO strategy that works
- You're a super creative person, but are also all about measuring impact
- You're service-oriented and people know they can count on you
- You want your work to have meaning, and believe that great marketing isn't about tricking people, but capturing their imagination, and opening up a world of possibility
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct and oversee the ongoing assessment of Idealist's marketing strategies, branding, and the outcomes and impact of marketing activities, including: regular completion of audits of existing approaches, campaigns, plans, print publications and Web pages.
- Work with senior staff and outside PR to identify marketing and promotional strategies.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with media, and implement a media strategy that reflects the priorities of our programs.
- Implement regular social media and advertising campaigns around key programs and initiatives. Includes Google Adwords, Facebook Event pages and and other digital and social media advertising.
- Develop a video production strategy and coordinate with outside vendors for the development of informational and promotional videos for our programs.
- Provide strategy and vendor management for all print design needs, email templates, and Wordpress sites.
- Order promotional items across our various programs, from strategizing with staff, to coordinating orders and artwork.
- Help other staff members prepare to facilitate workshops, trainings and guest speaker engagements, and other events (including creation of collateral material) to ensure all of our communications are accurate and consistent.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Idealist's Style Guide, train staff, and ensure standards are being met.
- 5+ years of demonstrated relevant marketing experience with impactful results
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Extreme flexibility, and able to adapt and change strategies when needed
- Love to work independently and as part of a fabulous, entrepreneurial team
- Ability to prioritize among competing goals to deliver on tight deadlines
- Articulate, and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, initiative, and confidence
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, Google Adwords, Salesforce, and Google Cloud products including Google Analytics
Why would would you want to jump ship at the job you have to take a chance on us?
- After growing significantly over the past 22 years, you see the potential for Idealist to become a truly global brand in the social impact career and graduate school space, and want to be the person that helps take us there.
- We have a great track record: there are so many stories waiting to be told and shared about how Idealist has made a difference, and you know you can take this even further.
- We can pay well, we love to eat and to laugh, we have a beautiful new office on Fifth and 36th, and we have, like, the best benefits.
About those benefits...
- 20+ vacation days
- 10 holidays and 1 optional holiday
- 2 months of sabbatical leave after 7 years of service
- Time off to volunteer
- Unlimited sick time
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage for you and your family
- Up to $1,000 in learning and wellness reimbursements
- Plentiful snacks and beverages
- Weekly catered lunch + tea time
Application deadline: June 29, 4PM EST
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.