To APPLY: Please pay close attention to the defined application requirements further down in the post!
Everyday Speech is a leader in Social-Emotional Learning. Primarily a teaching solution for public schools, our Social-Emotional Learning Platform (SELP) provides educators with curriculum materials for students of ALL ages across special education and general education classes.
Everyday Speech helps cultivate the skills every student needs to lead a healthy and successful life. Our platform includes curricula for Special Education and General Education settings.
Unlike other education platforms that focus on STEM topics, our curriculums teach students the strategies and life skills they need to regulate their emotions, solve problems, cope with the stresses of modern life, and interact with the world around them. Used by 19,000+ educators at public schools and private educational institutions around the world.
Role: Marketing Operations Manager
In this role, you will:
- Impact how the education system teaches young students fundamental social and emotional skills that will aid them throughout life.
- Empower teachers, parents, and students through facilitating the creation of newer and better digital experiences.
- Guide educators and admins through the pain points of implementing SEL in their classrooms with helpful automated and triggered communications.
As a member of the Marketing Department, the Marketing Operations Manager will be responsible for executing on key infrastructure and digital experience builds as determined by the department's project roadmap.
These projects will largely be contained to the Everyday Speech website and automated email communications. This person will be in a Project Lead role facilitating key stakeholder buy-in and deliverables across departments as individual projects require.
In the Short term:
You'll become familiar with our development processes under the guidance of the Director of Digital Marketing through 1-2 development cycles. You'll get to know our team structure and key stakeholders across departments. Key responsibilities include:
- Build working relationships with our WordPress Engineer, UX Designer, and resource leads across departments: Clinical, Creative & Design, Product, Sales, Customer Success, Customer Support
- Actively strive to learn our processes and recommend methods of improvement
- Converting business logic into functional specifications and guiding the creation of high-fidelity wireframes.
- Build out reporting that provides visibility into performance metrics of builds and optimizations
The work you do will have a direct impact on the well-being of hundreds of thousands of at-risk students across the country and the world.
In the Long term:
You will be the Lead in lifecycle communication to collaborate on strategic initiatives for improving experiences with new and existing users of our platform. Key responsibilities will evolve to include:
- Collaborating with the Director of Digital Marketing on quarterly and annual priorities for the departmental roadmap.
- Independently gather business requirements/needs and develop project scopes that adhere to an agile methodology. We try to avoid scope creep as much as possible.
- Lead cross-functional planning with department stakeholders, establishing the project calendar, distributing key information, facilitating meetings, and communicating decisions to ensure alignment between expectations and strategic goals
- Drive continuous process optimization to our development cycles to ensure timely releases and sustainable bandwidth.
- Provide thought-leadership to the team on A/B tests
What We're Looking For: The ability to
- Be Curious: Ask questions and be proactive in learning about our audiences and the larger social communications and SEL space to discover new insights
- Creative: Good ideas, inspiration, and solutions come from anywhere. Be malleable and not cookie-cutter.
- Dual-minded: Problem-solve for the present while considering the strategic scale for the future.
- People-centric: How you frame comms should always be in the vein of "what are the pain points for educators teaching social skills and how can we help them?" vs. "what are the biggest value propositions of our platform?" If you understand the fundamental difference, then you should apply!
- Collaborative: 'Strong opinions, weakly held.' Be able to support your decisions while being open to outside input. There are many factors that go into a course-of-action: know when to lead and when to support and don't be afraid to admit when you don't know something. We're all here to help each other and recognize that we're all uniquely good at different things.
- Growth-minded: Strive toward better and have the ability to shift focus to opportunities with the highest potential for impact.
- 3+ years in a related role or Product Manager role building out digital marketing experiences or web-based applications.
- Agile development: be able to identify the basic needs to get an initial experience launched vs. nice-to-haves. Structure out development cycles based on immediately addressable business needs and what can be built after.
- Prior experience building low-fidelities and writing detailed functional specifications.
- Analytically-driven with a balance between the quantitative and qualitative. You know how to contextualize the numbers with human intelligence. You know how to find insights and guide scale with methods including A/B testing, audience segmentation, and surveys.
Nice to Haves: we'll teach you if you don't have the following experience with:
- Enterprise-grade ESPs (Iterable)
- Analytics (Google Analytics, MixPanel, Data Studio, etc)
- Health insurance and 401(k) match
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year + 7 floating holidays
- Home office reimbursements
- Every other Friday off!
Other Notes: We're open to US and international (contractor) hires, but you must be able to work US / ET hours with at least a 4-hour overlap between 9am-12pm EST. A paid trial project will be included in the interview process.
For your application to be considered, please apply at email@example.com and use the title "Marketing Operations Manager" for your email. Also, please include the word "empathy" somewhere in your cover letter. Note that it is helpful for us to know why you are interested in this particular role at our particular company.
More About Us:
- We're a 100% remote company, and we encourage travel by our employees.
- We're an idea meritocracy.
- We're building something that will have a major impact on education and the health and wellness of millions of kids around the world.
- We're changing every day, and learning a lot along the way.
- Fully remote, our team has employees around the world and encourages a modern work approach - one that is flexible and empathetic while maintaining high standards and accountability.