This is a work-from-home roll-up-your sleeves and get it done
Marketing Strategist position.
Marketing Strategist at SmartBug Media have an important
role serving as the liaison between your Client and SmartBug
Media, as well as overseeing all activities required to help
those Clients meet their goals and objectives. This means you'll
play a lead role in executing inbound and content marketing
activities that include blogging, social media, marketing, SEO and
marketing automation while leading Client communication and
education. You'll also be responsible for analyzing each Client's
marketing analytics, creating reports and recommending future
strategies and tactics.
SmartBug Media™ is a fully remote globally recognized Intelligent Inbound™ marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For over 10 years, SmartBug™ has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We are a 100+ person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere. SmartBug has been named to the Inc. 5000 4 times, Adweek 100 the last two years, and...
We know your leadership is what generates renewal business and
increased trust and responsibility with our clients. That's why our
Managers, Inbound Marketing are compensated for account growth and
incremental revenue brought in. That doesn't make this a sales
position. It's not. It means that you get to participate in the
financial growth of your accounts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create the vision and marketing strategy for your clients, then
work with your team of consultants, copywriters, designers and
developers to deliver on that strategy and vision.
- Create new clients' Inbound Marketing Playbook and Gap Analysis
based on client and customer interviews, research and collaboration
with our team.
- Serve as the primary liaison and representative of SmartBug
Media for your clients - you are the extension of their team
and will be expected to know their business as well as they
- Assist and empower clients with the results, knowledge, content
and tools to not only get their buy-in, but to evangelize their
success through their organization.
- Become an expert at inbound marketing tactics including
blogging, social media marketing, search engine optimization,
eBook/white paper/video content creation, website updates, email
marketing, and others.
- Become a HubSpot and SmartBug process ninja and keep up
with software updates and best practices, educating your teammates
- Execute your clients' inbound marketing plans proactively in
order to meet schedules, performance, and budget goals.
- Take the lead in creating monthly performance reports to
highlight wins, areas of improvement and recommendations for future
- Stay informed about inbound marketing industry developments and
be able to utilize these developments to your clients'
- Become the resident expert on your clients industry and
- Contribute to client and internal content development, which
requires strong writing skills.
- Practice your craft by contributing to SmartBug Media's blog
and social media presence.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Have fun and make some great friends!
Qualifications and Skills:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer
- 5+ years experience building comprehensive digital marketing
- 2-5 years experience with online marketing and social
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot preferred - you are a power
use that uses it in your day-to-day
- Track record of building multi-channel campaigns that yield
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and create campaigns
based on customer requirements
- Passion for the Internet and marketing with a strong
understanding of inbound marketing
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and independent management
- Able to find and assimilate market and customer data into
- Proven relationship-building skills and client communication
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices and
- Desire to learn on your own and keep up with digital and
inbound developments and best practices
- Great writing skills and strong understanding of how to write
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Sheets
- Proficiency in blogging platforms such as a Wordpress or
- Experience working remotely in similar roles strongly
- Phone Screen
- Video call with hiring team
- Semifinal video interview with VP of Client Services
- Reference checking
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous compensation package with performance incentives
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, 'SmartBugapalooza'
- Training budget
- Flexibility of working remote
About SmartBug Media
SmartBug Media is a fully remote globally recognized
Intelligent Inbound marketing agency that assists businesses
in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web
development, marketing automation, and PR. For over 10 years,
SmartBug has helped businesses increase qualified leads,
close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands.
We are a 100+ person remote company that believes you shouldn't
have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great
work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere. SmartBug
has been named to the Inc. 5000 4 times, Adweek 100 the last two
years, and has won numerous Comparably awards for its culture and
leadership. SmartBug is HubSpot's highest rated partner in the