We are looking to hire a mid-weight graphic designer to help on the Marketing team. This position is part-time (20 hours a week) and is a great opportunity for a designer with ~3-4 years experience in commercial design. The designer will be joining the Marketing team and work on a variety of projects across many channels (print, social, web, events).
- BFA or equivalent in Graphic Design
- 3-4 years in professional design position
- Thoroughly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (we use CC here)
- Excellent vector drawing skills
- Working knowledge of print process (how to proof with Pantone books, how to check CMYK printing, match print proofs with vendors, etc.)
- Full fluency in Powerpoint (working with templates, creating new templates, style sheets, etc.)
- Full understanding how to produce for web versus print and all mechanicals involved with both channels (RGB, dpi output, web-ready files, etc.)
- Experience designing for social media (Twitter, blogs, etc.) as well as experience on template services such as MailChimp and Google sites
- Fluent in adhering to a corporate brand guideline
- Attention to detail and able to work in tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written skills - must be able to communicate with the many different departments within the organization since we support across the entire company (Sensitivity to the different teams' needs while keep design consistent and on-brand)
- Self-motivated, organized and can handle multiple different projects at once
- Must be aware of Factual's competitive field and nature of work we produce (Go-to-market materials for our products, familiarity with technology landscape and awareness of best practices within the tech industry)
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of mobile design (responsive design)
- Experience designing for events (large-scale print production experience and spatial design)
- CSS and HTML fluency
- Passion for typography and layout
The actual work day schedule is flexible - but aiming to have you in for about 20 hours a week and you will reporting directly to the Senior Designer. Portfolio link of PDF is a must; please include examples of both print and web design samples.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.