Experience Level: 3 - 5 years
Ralph is looking for an experienced motion graphics designer, video editor, and all-around shooting / snapping creative type / non-lizard air-breathing human to join our team in Los Angeles.
This is not a traditional video role. The short-form content you will be producing will be seen and consumed on social platforms by vast and hungry global fanbases... so experience of the latest social video formats and techniques is a must.
You must also have experience with entertainment brands, and be able to illustrate that you can tell a story using assets provided, or from scratch using your own design, motion, video libraries and sound.
You should be as confident behind a camera as you are a monitor, with a penchant for cutting engaging, beautifully crafted and tonally relevant bite-sized content. This includes being on-set, working with talent, shooting BTS, and spotting opportunities to capture social video that can be rolled out through show channels.
You must bring ideas to the table and have a get-it-done attitude which includes staying organized and calm under pressure. Additionally, you will show impeccable attention to detail and an ability to maintain quality of output while working at a fast and constant pace...
... It's also pretty important you're into shows / movies / music and snacks.
What's the role?
You will be responsible for ideating, designing and producing video / motion graphics content for a range of entertainment brands, including AMC, NBC Universal, and Netflix Original series.
Strong visual and conceptual skills are essential, but this must be coupled with technical ability when dealing with both equipment and software. You must have solid knowledge of the latest suite of Adobe programs and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail while executing creative & narrative motion design.
You must love working as part of a creative team, bouncing ideas off like-minded people in order to produce the best possible work. You will also participate in pitch processes and brainstorms, from social campaigns, to app builds, site designs, video projects and live events. Exciting, eh? So....
What's the day-to-day?
- Work with Ralph's visual and social team to create high-caliber, original and on-brand content.
- Understand the unique voice and tone of a campaign, and be able to translate into applicable visuals.
- Use Final Cut Pro and After Effects to a high standard, having a great knowledge of plugins and how to create specific visual cinematic effects.
- Have knowledge of sound editing programs (Premiere & Logic).
- Use Cinema 4D and/or Maya (ding, ding, BONUS!).
- Organize and art direct shoots using lighting, camera equipment and lenses.
- Suggest and experiment with new editing and social video tools that will push our offerings as an agency.
- Take ownership of your creative output, and show the initiative to pitch new ideas and be an active brainstorming partner.
- Stay aware of developments in social media, current trends, technological updates, and industry news.
- Be able to problem solve independently, ready to multi-task and manage more than one project at a time, and finally stay calm in high pressure situations.
Still with us? Ok, three more paragraphs to go...
Who is Ralph?
Ralph is an award-winning creative agency with offices in Los Angeles, New York and London that are filled with passionate people who work hard to create big ideas that inspire and innovate online. We represent a wide range of clients including Netflix, NBC Universal, AMC, Starz, WB, Sony, and more.
We're a young team of passionate and social creatures. We enjoy music, humor and aren't afraid to roll our sleeves up when we're busy (although no one wears button-downs here, so this should be considered a metaphor).
Check out our website at ralphandco.com for more background on who we are and what we do.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Please send a tweet-lengthed cover letter (140 chars or less) saying why you should be considered for the role and attach your resume and a link to your online portfolio (like, duh).
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.