Overview: The Packaging Designer will create and develop concepts for food and gift packaging. The Designer will generate and develop design files into production and pre-press ready files. This position entails incorporating creativity and organization to proactively manage multiple priorities and projects in a dynamic environment while meeting strict deadlines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Produce packaging graphics and typography according to company design standards and FDA regulations
- Create and develop licensed product graphics/artwork for product and food packaging
- Proof and approve press checks for production printing
- Support and maintain the implementation of cataloging, archiving and backup systems
- Support the Design, Product Development and Purchasing Department in meeting deadlines for all graphic and packaging designs
- Generate a high volume of samples/mock-ups and prepare layouts for design selection and approval
- Demonstrate a solid sense of design, layout and typography while meeting strict deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or 2 year Graphic Design Certificate or equivalent
- 3-5 years of graphic design experience
- 3-5 years of packaging design experience
- 3 years of experience performing press checks. STRONG PRESS CHECK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- Strong knowledge of print production, pre-press, comps and mechanicals
- Excellent skills in design conceptualization, corporate/product branding, typography and layout
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud design applications: Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- No relocation assistance is provided.
Additional Skills Required:
- Ability to produce results independently and in a team focused environment
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and turn edits quickly
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail
- Ability to meet company established productivity, efficiency and profitability standards
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @wcgbjobs for updates on this and other job openings with Houdini Inc./Wine Country Gift Baskets.
Email email@example.com Portfolio and Resume Required
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.