Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.
Position: Packaging Designers with production and mechanical skills
Status: Full Time
Estimated Duration: Full Time
Starts: Within a Couple Weeks
Our client, a retail and home goods store, is looking for TWO Packaging Designers to support their team starting ASAP.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE SAMPLES OF PRODUCTION MECHANICALS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION!
The Packaging Designers will be designing packaging artwork and doing all the necessary production tasks associated with the development of these packages. All work will be for the home goods packaging department. They have about 100 different private labels so you'll have the ability to work on so many different things!
In more detail, the role will include the following:
* Designing a wide range of packaging materials spanning everything from hangtags, wrappers, boxes, cosmetics, bedding, decor, etc.
* Collaborating with Packaging Manager and Packaging Designers to understand private brand, labels and their packaging requirements.
* Collaborating with Packaging and Product Development teams to get necessary production direction approvals on all projects
* Obtaining and tracking all creative assets (copy, images, translations and legal information)
* Executing mechanical artwork files and revisions; initiating routing process, and file release.
* Maintaining packaging production standards with file integrity, ensuring technical accuracy and process efficiency.
* Constructing packaging comprehensives to ensure artwork lays properly on die-lines
* Ret ouching and color correcting images for use in packaging as needed.
* Tracking, recording receipt of print proofs and completing packaging production projects.
* Ensuring accuracy of the packaging art file database and complying with file management protocol.
* 5 years of direct packaging experience from a retail or wholesale company
* Portfolio should showcase ability to design for multiple types of packaging materials (hangtags, labels, etc.) -- you should have a strong balance of design and production skills
* Highly proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel
* Proven track record of producing high volumes of error-free packaging files and according to deadline
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to:
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.