The Principal Industrial Designer is expected to have a deep knowledge of industrial design and production processes. This role collaborates with the Aviation Studio design team to define and design inspiring solutions for product development projects, as well as articulate project short-term targets and future opportunities. This role will have a particular focus on the visual and physical design of leading edge aircraft seating. This expertise plays a key role in leading and facilitating a strategic and aesthetic evolution for our clients' products. Leveraging both creative thinking and interpersonal skills, this person will work with a cross-functional design team to successfully visualize concepts and translate them into feasible solutions; balancing innovative design, functional requirements and aesthetic appeal of products and services. Finally, the Principal Designer leads, mentors and supervises less experienced designers with proper balance of skills, quality and encouragement.
Why We Need This Position
In order to maintain our position at the forefront of the aerospace industry, we need brilliant problem solvers with the vision, artistry, technical know-how and people skills to deliver and present spectacular design solutions to our clients. Finding the right person-with not only the concrete skills but the diplomacy and innovative spirit to motivate and guide teams and dazzle clients-is essential to our success. That's where you come in.
Who We're Looking For
First and foremost, you're a creative type with a strong design aesthetic and solid technical chops who is drawn to aviation. You love the prospect of deploying your problem-solving skills to identify strategic solutions to client challenges. In concrete terms, that means your days might include any or all of the following: conceptualizing aesthetic and functional solutions while integrating insights; leading design reviews; building physical mock-ups, working with Design Research and Human Factors specialists to produce user-centric and market-appropriate concepts; integrating the work of your UI/UX colleagues; and collaborating with Mechanical Designers on engineering solutions, as well as generating production-level CAD surfaces.
In addition to your technical skills, you understand what it takes to manage a project. You work closely with others to estimate, analyze, and synthesize complex design challenges and you thrive on the challenge of juggling multiple projects. You leverage your organizational and communication skills to support the Project Management team on maintaining the schedule, budget, and scope of multiple projects simultaneously; keep your creative team on track; and ensure that client objectives are met within the defined parameters.
Third, you have the confidence and diplomacy to work proactively with clients and communicate ways to improve deliverables, anticipate needs, and offer solutions.
Finally, as a leader, you're ready to mentor, guide and motivate others in your group with the goal of enhancing design excellence; you're up to date on aerospace, transportation design, and market characteristics, and you're excited to bring new ideas and techniques to the group. In short, if you're passionate about design, love planes, and can think of nothing better than working closely with other aviation geeks to shape the future of flight, we want to hear from you.
What We Just Said, Now in 5 Bullet Points (a.k.a., Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design; graduate degree in a complementary discipline desirable; 10+ years of professional experience in a corporate or consulting design environment (aerospace/aviation design consulting experience is preferred); expert knowledge in the field of aerospace seating, as applied in commercial and private aviation; additional tangential seating design experience (automotive, rail, furniture) desirable; proven track record in design excellence as reflected in awards, speaking engagements, and other industry recognition; demonstrated experience successfully scoping projects, strategically positioning work, and presenting to clients; experience translating design ideas into print, digital, product, and environmental spaces; expert understanding of design process including divergent (brainstorming), convergent (concept-selection), and detail-design phases; demonstrated experience successfully presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Special skills: Expert CAD and 3D photorendering software skills; Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills; proficient in the MS Office Suite; excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required; comfortable with communicating and interacting effectively at all levels within an organization, including senior management, customers, partners and suppliers at a global level.
- Passion: Working collaboratively to create the air travel of the future.
- Role: Developing creative and relevant solutions that meet or exceed client expectations in tandem with cross-functional teams.
- Personality: innovative, solution-focused, collaborative, organized, decisive, adaptable, curious, and diplomatic.
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/hccwscm9dvspr8hv
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.