ABOUT THE TEAM
Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find what they love.
Our Product Design team has designed unique, innovative software
for customers, merchandising, styling and warehouse and inventory
management. We leverage user research and customer data to
personalize our service and make smart bets. The result is a
powerful offering to customers and a successful business. We
believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and
we're looking for top-notch designers to contribute to our
The Engagement Experience product design team works as a
functional team inside our Customer Facing focused Product
Organization. The team is responsible for designing experiences
that enable Stitch Fix customers to explore and develop their
personal style that inspire and solve all their wardrobe and
styling needs. We work closely with the Product, Engineering,
Algorithm, and Product Marketing teams to create compelling
experiences that help our customers get more value from Stitch Fix.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Principal Product Designer on the Customer Facing team, you
will enable us to uplevel our ability to create a tailored and
beautiful experience for our returning customers. You'll be an
integral part of driving the evolution of our customer experience
as the business continues to transform the way customers find what
they love that leverages the unique talents of all the teams
We'll be looking for you to influence the team and our org in
several ways.You'll work closely with product to design and deliver
end-to-end experiences across web and native app platforms. You'll
work with cross-functional leaders to drive strategy and roadmaps
for core areas of the product. You'll guide the product design team
in innovation and ideation while being a champion for quality of
the customer experience. This role will also act as an advocate and
expert on the customer experience, product design, and research.
You'll help set vision for extending our returning customer
experience throughout the broader org.
CANDIDATE MUST SUBMIT A PORTFOLIO TO BE CONSIDERED FOR
THIS POSITION (PLEASE INCLUDE PASSWORD)
YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU
- Work with cross functional teams to establish a vision for
innovative and complex areas of our customer experience. Create
compelling stories and set world class consumer experience. Hold
the highest craft principles, inspiring teams around you with
outstanding design solutions and communication skills.
- Contribute to the near and long term visions for features and
product lines across applicable devices.
- Lead and execute on top-notch consumer UX solutions by planning
and managing your own work. Build and test prototypes with live
data to quickly learn and iterate on designs.
- Connect your work to the company strategy and quarterly goals;
know what success looks like.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings and design workshops for
actionable outcomes; bring an inclusive mindset to your leadership
- Leverage research data, design principles, or other objective
information to support and communicate design decisions
- Partner with the design platform team and engineering to assure
design system coherence and quality of the deployed product.
- Develop your point of view and identify opportunities to
innovate and evolve the product experience for returning
- Establish a strong design culture by collaborating with members
of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for users and
user-centered design practices
- Inspire the teams around you and contribute your voice to the
Product Design team by providing design feedback and thought
partnership, mentoring and pairing with other designers and growing
the team culture and goals.
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU
- Have 8+ years experience as a product designer for
consumer-grade software across various digital channels
(specializing in native mobile apps) and localization of the
- Design outstanding interaction and interface solutions for
which you can clearly articulate your rationale.
- Demonstrate leadership, humility and flexibility in
cross-functional discussions that serve to align on smart product
- Can juggle multiple priorities and navigate between strategic
work and detailed execution.
- Have experience visualizing, owning, and executing the creation
of product from initial concepts and wireframes, to collaborating
with engineers on implementation in an agile environment.
- Build and test prototypes with live data to quickly learn and
iterate on designs.
- Tell concise stories about your work and have outstanding
verbal and written communication skills.
- Get excited about combining data insights with qualitative
research to understand test results and recommend next steps.
- Are curious and continuously learning about how to engage
customers and solve their pain points.
- Strong visual design sense with clean typography and layout
- Received your professional education or training in
human-computer interaction, interaction design, visual
communication design or a related field.
- Supplementary skills, like service design, motion design,
copywriting or front-end development are a plus.
- You are in touch with current design methodologies and industry
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by
challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered
to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of
tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation.
- We are a technologically and data-driven business.
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our
vision of "Transforming the way people find what they love."
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new
- We believe in autonomy taking initiative.
- We challenge and develop ourselves and have meaningful
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do
it right and is open to new ideas.
- We value diverse thought and talent, and we strive to create an
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will
know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
ABOUT STITCH FIX
At Stitch Fix, we're about personal styling for everybody and we
believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your
best, most authentic self. We're the first fashion retailer to
combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a
Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This
novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented
people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a
simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful,
growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We
believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and
we're looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on