Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate effective product concepts; create presentations for management team and potential customers
- Showcase new concepts through illustrations, sketches and 2-D renderings.
- Participate in new product concepting and brainstorming - preparing ideas, design and options for new projects.
- Support the development of the product as necessary; focusing on schedule, safety, manufacturability and costing
- Prepare concept sheets to send to oversees vendors for costing
- Prepare product call-outs, control drawings, turn-around images, and mechanical drawings as necessary for development and production
- Work on graphic design as associated to packaging, layouts and presentations
- Coordinate and prepare packaging mock-ups and hand models
- Prepare files for print; send art to vendors and customers as needed
- Support with product photography as needed for packaging
- Help with sound editing and sound file splicing as needed
- Prepare and organize incoming and outgoing samples
- Travel to HK/China as needed to support product development initiatives
- Identify new opportunities, markets and product trends to pursue
- Support marketing team and sales strategies as needed
Skills and Requirements
- BA/BS in product design, toy design, industrial design, graphic design or equivalent
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Strong illustration and sketching skill set
- Proven abilities with ideation, concept rendering and brainstorming
- Relevant experience in toy or consumer products highly preferred
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing process a plus
- Proven ability to work in an innovative, and entrepreneurial environment; must be a self-starter who can accomplish tasks and projects independently
- Flexible with changing projects and priorities; ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Highly motivated; able to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills; goal and deadline oriented
- Knowledge of 3D design programs a plus
Email email@example.com Please submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls and/or faxes. We look forward to hearing from you.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.