CFR is seeking a Product Manager to join its growing Digital team. The Product Manager is responsible for identifying new development opportunities, ensuring their delivery and helping improve internal and consumer-facing product experiences. The Product Manager, reporting to the Director of Product and Design, works closely with other product managers, designers and developers to define product strategy, prioritize features and ensure successful delivery of product initiatives.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Guiding cross-functional teams of developers, designers, editors, and executive stakeholders toward successful delivery of Council initiatives
- Identifying opportunities to continuously improve on existing products and advocating for the creation of new products that will benefit the Council
- Identifying and documenting product requirements for features and functionality, new and existing; creating schedules and product milestones
- Creating wireframes to communicate product ideas and acquire stakeholder buy-in for new work
- Ensuring clear communication between design and development, as well as facilitating interaction between teams in order to develop the product in the most innovative and efficient way
- Communicating with stakeholders regularly throughout the product development lifecycle and garnering appropriate approvals throughout development
- Understanding the facets of digital product development relating those to user behaviors and Council goals
- Understanding the design and technical concepts behind each product and being able to clearly communicate those concepts to stakeholders in a concise and contextually relevant way
- 3-5 years of experience in end-to-end digital product management at a medium-large scale media or consumer product focused company
- Background in user experience design across various media (mobile, tablet, desktop, etc.); knowledge of optimal UX practices such as responsive design
- Experience with Agile methodologies; able to carry out Scrum's Product Owner role
- Proficiency in design software such as Sketch and the Adobe suite, as well as with Atlassian Jira, Redmine, or similar issue-trackers; familiarity with distributed version-control systems such as GitHub and with continuous deployment techniques
- Ability to interpret analytics and other metrics
- Exceptional project management skills and a high degree of organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; interest in international relations a plus
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.