Job Title: Production Artist
Reports To: Design Director
SmartyPants is looking for a motivated, dedicated, and detail-oriented individual for the Production Artist position at a leading CPG start-up brand in preventative health.
- Create final graphics, photo retouching, color correction, resizing, photo comping, and photo production for print, packaging, digital, and presentations
- Create images and graphics for e-Commerce and social media sites
- Create images and graphics for email platforms to support e-Commerce business
- Take both loosely and strictly-directed art design from concept to final layout with strong design sensibilities
- Prepare accurate, press-ready mechanicals for a variety of products, packaging, and marketing collateral
- Create traditional mock-ups
- Design print/web marketing collateral for e-Commerce
- Adhere to strict deadlines and manage projects efficiently
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4-7 years of Production Artist experience
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design, Web Design, or related field
- Advanced and proven knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CC:
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, and Acrobat experience required
- After Effects and Final Cut experience is a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail and aesthetics
- Ability to multitask with strong organizational skills
- Ability to hold a strong overview of the project and take responsibility for key elements
- Flexibility to work with ever-changing timelines within strict deadlines and scope
- Ability to approach work with an open, flexible outlook and a focus on best results
- Ability to maintain calmness and coolness in the face of tight situations
- Ability to take initiative with a proactive attitude
- Relentless work ethic
- Passion and hunger to learn and get your hands dirty
- Personable, outgoing, and approachable personality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Agency experience is a HUGE plus
- Must love dogs!
Fast-paced, open environment where there is a lot of ad-hoc collaboration. Our office is based in Marina del Rey in a former architect's office with a communal garden in front. We are in a two-story office space with no elevator access to our 2nd floor offices. We are dog-friendly and often have several pups in the office at any given time. All dogs who come into the office must meet SmartyPants Dog Policy requirements, pass a behavioral evaluation, and abide by a set schedule of days in the office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the working environment is open and has no doors or cubicles. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SmartyPants Vitamins is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
SmartyPants is very dynamic and fast-growing LA (Marina del Rey) based supplement company focused on providing premium all-in-one vitamins for all ages. Currently ranked on the Inc. 500 (#294) and cited as the 25th fastest growing company in Los Angeles by LABJ. Run by experienced entrepreneurs, SmartyPants believes in making it easier to stay healthy by providing best-in-class products that also taste great. Our products are category leaders and we are a fast-growing, highly dynamic company that strives to constantly improve all aspects of our products, company, and team. We also believe in giving back by making a matching nutrient grant donation to a child in need for every bottle we sell. We are an open, fast-moving, and mission-driven company that values transparency, excellence, integrity, and an appreciation for the comedy and intensity that comes from working in a company with explosive growth and a strong sense of social responsibility. Designed and made in California.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.