Office: Washington, DC
Department: Marketing (Firmwide)
Reports to: Brand and Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Core Hours:9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday - Friday, unless otherwise approved; additional hours as required
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general supervision and direction of the Brand and Marketing Manager and working with internal graphic designers and an external design firm, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Production Coordinator is responsible for providing overall production coordination for the creative services group, which supports the print, web and other collateral needs of the firm. The Production Coordinator serves as the liaison for the creative services group, working closely with marketing personnel, our external design partner and business services personnel to coordinate and produce requested projects. The Production Coordinator is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm's attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Production Coordinator must fulfill the needs of the position in a manner which is consistent with the Firm's Core Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Manage project flow and deadlines, assigning work to the internal and external team based on multiple factors.
- Act as liaison between the person requesting and the designer handling the work.
- Coordinate and oversee the production of all printed communications.
- Maintain daily production log to track current jobs and past job history and maintain job files of project materials.
- Maintain project cost database, with close attention to appropriate department budgets.
- Create production specifications with clear instructions, send jobs to vendors, and manage print production process.
- Provide editorial and proofing expertise to quality control (QC) projects before they are returned to clients for review; work with the content team to make sure that items adhere to firm style and are grammatically correct and accurate.
- In coordination with the brand manager, maintain and enforce graphic standards.
- Manage projects and relationships with internal clients and outside vendors including design studios, printers and photographers.
- Manage standards for firm stationery with the firm's print vendor and coordinate changes for office openings and moves.
- Assist with simple design requests.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
- Respond to and fulfill requests for attorney photographs and logos.
- Assist with the selection and ordering of promotional items.
- Coordinate in-house print jobs with local office services.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated competency in essential functions of the Adobe Suite of design software, especially Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat and other Adobe products; QuarkXPress knowledge greatly desired
- Extensive experience with both PC and Mac platforms; working knowledge of document management systems (such as NetDocuments) a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills, excellent listening skills and the ability to clearly articulate visual design concepts and standards to team members
- Solid proofreading skills with excellent attention to detail and pride in high-quality execution of work
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and build effective working relationships with others within and outside the firm
- Ability to work independently of any direct supervision and also in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to respond to changing requirements and conditions in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills, including the ability to multi-task, set project schedules and work proactively
- Extensive knowledge of the print production process
- Experience working with design vendors: requesting estimates, sending jobs to print, and managing the print production process
- Ability to identify and resolve production challenges, and manage resources for profitability; relevant experience is helpful
- Willingness and aptitude to acquire new skills
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary to fulfill responsibilities
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent education and/or experience required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of in-depth experience in all stages of print production and project management. Previous professional experience required, preferably in an in-house graphics department or a design studio.
- Law firm or other professional services experience preferred.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.