IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 6 million students worldwide, is seeking a production designer to create graphical elements and stunning visual interfaces for new educational activities and question types. In this role, you will collaborate with UI designers, UX designers, and curriculum designers to create and review polished visual assets across all grade levels and subject areas.
This is a full-time, entry-level position in our San Mateo office. Please be sure to include a link to your portfolio with your submission so that we can learn more about you.
View 4 job postings at IXL Learning
What You'll Be Doing
- Create diagrams, charts, graphs, and other visual assets that follow IXL's brand guidelines
- Enhance existing interfaces with new layouts, photos, graphics, and content
- Quickly produce visual assets needed by the development team
- Give feedback to and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality of our products
- Design across multiple platforms and responsive applications, ensuring your deliverables work well on phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops
- Understand our users and their educational needs
What We're Looking For
- Expert proficiency in vector-editing apps such as Illustrator, Sketch, and Figma
- Expert understanding of best practices for creating and exporting SVGs for the web; experience working with SVGs as plain text files is preferred
- Experience with Photoshop a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a field such as Graphic Design or Multimedia Design, or equivalent work experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to effectively communicate visually, verbally, and in writing
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to create clean, clutter-free, visually consistent designs
- Understanding and appreciation of standard user interface design concepts and processes
- Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.