Organization Overview: Compete 360 is a small and innovative 501(c)3 organization that fosters a design thinking (DT) practice in city schools by providing K-12 teachers with the training, curricula, resources, and support to facilitate projects addressing problems identified by the students. Projects culminate with the Design Thinking Philadelphia Showcase where student work is celebrated and reviewed by design and business professionals.
Position / Key Responsibilities Compete 360 is seeking a full-time Program Associate to help develop, implement, and expand its design thinking programs and to support organization operations. This is a great opportunity for a motivated and innovative design thinker to create engaging experiences for Philadelphia teachers and students and to use design thinking to enhance the education and development of city youth. Key responsibilities include:
- Creating materials and content for design thinking curricula (K-12)
- Facilitating implementation and evaluation of DT Philly curricula (includes visiting schools to observe or assist with projects, and providing constructive feedback on teams' work)
- Conceptualizing new approaches to achieve desired outcomes
- Assisting with teacher and design mentor recruitment and training
- Designing communication and marketing materials
- Supporting the planning and execution of fundraising and program events
Qualifications We're seeking well-rounded self-starters who possess optimism and empathy, a sense of curiosity, excellent written and oral communication skills, great interpersonal/teamwork skills, and strong critical thinking skills. Candidates will also possess:
- Knowledge of and experience with the creative and technical aspects of design/building processes
- Experience using design thinking in an educational setting
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, MS Office, and whiteboard animation software
- Experience with city schools/youth
- Event planning experience
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree, and 1-3 years' experience in a related field
- A valid driver's license and access to a car
- PA Child Abuse Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Background Check, and FBI Criminal Background Check (not needed to apply but must be obtained as a condition of employment)
- Ability to work full time, with flexibility to work occasional evenings/weekends for special events
If you're creative, highly professional, hardworking, adaptable, perceptive, detail oriented, organized, and trustworthy, please apply! This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Join the fun by sending your cover letter, resume, writing sample, design portfolio, and school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.