Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.
Position: Senior Communications Writer / Editor
Status: Full Time
Estimated Duration: Full Time
Starts: interviewing now! As soon as January 2020
Our client, one of the nation's premier medical institutions located in the Bronx, is looking for a Communications Writer to join the team Full Time.
**This is accessible by public transportation but it is a train to a bus! The Communications Writer / Editor will be responsible for writing, editing, and proofreading both internal and external communications for the Office of Development to encourage philanthropy. This includes conceptualizing, researching, and project managing projects based in the academic medicine space.
To be considered, your resume must show both copywriting and copy editing skills.
The Communications Writer / Editor Responsibilities:
- Not only write, but also edit and proof projects such as Funding Proposals, Pitch Decks, Event Collateral,Acknowledgment Letters, Annual Appeals, Internal/ External Newsletters, Magazine Articles and more
- Self manage workloads as you will be supporting various departments including marketing, events, communications, etc..
- Work in tandem with the creative director to make sure creative goes alongside the copy
- Often work alone on projects so much be able to work autonomous and be nimble to bounce from one project to the next The Communications Writer / Editor
- 5+ years of writing/ editing experience, ideally from a magazine or publishing background
- Interest in academic writing
- Ability to commute to the Bronx every day (no WFH policy!)
- Ability to serve as the authoritative editorial voice of a busy, fast-paced office
- Must have an enthusiastic and proactive approach
- Must work well independently as well as part of a team
This role is located onsite in the Bronx. Must be able to commute each day as there is no possibility for remote work.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to:
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.