Service Employees International Union
Job Title: Senior Database Specialist
Salary: $74,546 Location:
This position is responsible for working with local unions
enhancing their ability to track, report and analyze membership
performance, activity and worker organizing.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Any one position may
not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed.
Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should
not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to
be performed by employees in the classification.)
- Assists local unions to identify, diagnose and implement
improvements to dataflow and to verify the accuracy of active
- Provides guidance and advice to SEIU locals on how to use
existing technology to better track and report member activity
and/or internal worker organizing.
- Provides guidance and advice that enhances member lists, member
activist lists, and other data to enhance member development.
- Works closely with department staff to develop systems that
help locals track campaign and local union member engagement
- Develops and maintains on-going relationships with local union
data and technology staff to understand and fix their data
- Develops and Implements training in the use of campaign data
and internal organizing technology.
- Represents SEIU in internal and external forums and maintains
relations with SEIU locals and state councils.
- Imports and exports files between formats and programs such as
Microsoft Excel, SQL, delimited text files, and a variety of file
formats including utilizing e-mail and web-based applications.
- Integrates field data with internal and external data sources
in order to provide enhanced analysis of organizing efforts
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the work of
SEIU's programs and priorities.
Direction and Decision Making
This position reports to the Senior Data Strategist for
Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
with a bachelor's degree and at least three (3) years of political,
issue or union internal and external organizing campaigns
experience or at least one (1) year experience in data.
OR, a combination of education and experience that
would provide for the following knowledge, skills and
- Knowledge of labor unions and how local unions operate
- Knowledge of strategies and tactics to recruit, educate,
mobilize and develop members
- Knowledge of data automation techniques and proven
- Knowledge of local union dues and member tracking systems,
field tools and digital media outreach methods
- Ability to work with both technical staff and local field
- Knowledge of working on political, internal, and local union
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. Voter Activation Network - VAN,
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their
age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type
- Ability to provide simplified and clear explanations of complex
data and systems
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in politically sensitive
- Ability to handle multiple sensitive assignments in a timely
- Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes
in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect
- Ability to analyze data and make sound, logical
- Ability to look beyond the standard solutions
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
and Google suite
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Long and
extended hours and some travel required.
Analytical writing sample required.
Probationary Period: Twelve (12) months
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is
highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for
wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated
success in a similar position and a description of how this
position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive
health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and
eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive
salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a
pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
This position is part of a Collective Bargaining Agreement
(CBA) and as such the incumbent is bound by the language of said
agreement and party to all benefits, dues and requirements
associated with being a member of a union and the (CBA).
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation costs are not covered by SEIU.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/md27p4n2dw58k6sm