Are you an highly-driven, entrepreneurial candidate with several years of creative agency and leadership experience who is looking for an opportunity to shape the evolution of a rapidly growing startup? Are you excited to motivate and push a talented team of young creatives to reach their full potential? Illustria is a creative agency with a mission of unleashing the creative potential of growing companies, via monthly or annual subscriptions.
Illustria is looking for a Senior Designer to drive the creation of transformative work. You lead teams of creatives to create their best work. We work primarily with growing tech and tech-enabled companies, so experience or interest in the startup community is ideal.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You understand how powerful creative can drive transformative business results. You are confident and authentic. You know how to push yourself and others to achieve more. You are fearless; you are always exploring the unknown. What others see as impossible, you see the possibility and say, "We can do this." You have a passion for solving problems and telling a story; the bigger the task, the deeper you dig in. You are able to distill complex issues into a few critical tasks; you can delegate and create clear responsibilities.
You are a strategic thinker. Members have confidence in you; they rely on you to understand and turn their needs into exceptional experiences. You're a compelling presenter; you know how to challenge and persuade at the same time. You walk through our design rationale with ease, always relating it back to the Member's strategic needs. You are proactive in pushing new creative engagements to their full potential, in ways that surprise and delight. You are organized and can juggle multiple priorities at once.
Join our team at this exciting time as we bring an innovative model to the market, changing the way creative is engaged with across every industry.
Illustria partners with businesses to unleash their creativity. We are committed to understanding our Members' deepest needs and making their ideas a reality. We're a creative agency that makes design accessible to Member companies, on a monthly or annually-based subscription account system. Founded in 2013, we're a team who works in the heart of Washington, DC.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Embody Illustria's vision, mission, and eight core values as a positive internal voice of the creative team and an external ambassador of Illustria
- Create and own the creative work for individual Members
- Empathize with the Member to develop a clear understanding of their business objectives and the problem that they are looking to solve through our work
- Define the goal of each engagement and start with strong conceptual thinking
- Contribute original ideas and be an integral part of the initial creative process, not just an executor of teammates' ideas
- Execute work with professional competence and have the ability to move seamlessly from one engagement to the next
- Improve and adapt the creative work for our engagement as we learn more through ideating, prototyping, and testing out the results for the Member and as we gain more insight into the problem to be solved
- Partner with Member Services to ensure that all deliverables are in line with Member strategy and expectations
- Present and tell the story of the work in internal creative reviews by explaining the creative process and how the piece meets the Member's needs
- Engage with formal critique from the Illustria team to improve the work, and give the same professional critique to your colleagues' work as necessary
- Interpret Member feedback on the work strategically, and improve the work as necessary to meet their goals
- Individually take the lead on a project or a team engagement, directing and owning the work from start to finish Work with Engagement Management to stay on track with our engagements by filling out timesheets accurately
- Mentor designers through engagements with professional critique and direction
- Collaborate with creative leadership to identify and work on areas of personal and professional growth and improvement
- Adapt to stay innovative and remain a constant student in everything
- UX/UI experience preferred
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.