The Senior Experience Designer innovates at the intersection of interaction design, industrial design, and interior architecture in modern aviation.Their work is centered on points along the passengers' and crew's flight journey, which may range from brand touchpoints to aircraft interiors to ancillary products and services. They design multi-sensory physical and digital experiences that may unfold over time and may include interactions ranging in scale from large architectural spaces to small products.The ideal candidate has a deep curiosity around adjacent fields, including communications design, materials engineering, and human behavior, and understands how these fields influence the creation of spatial experiences.
Why We Need This Position
A large part of TEAGUE's success rests on its talent for envisioning a bold future and its steadfast conviction that creative solutions are key to enhancing the way people experience the world around them. But that isn't all it takes to get the job done. Successful innovation in the realm of global aviation also requires a keen understanding of a client's business strategy, a collaborative approach, and sensational communication skills to convey how our ideas align with client needs. That's where you come in.
Who We're Looking For
You area visionary, content leader, storyteller, maker, and expert in multi-media expression. In this role, you will go deep into what good Experience Design means to people, evangelize about its importance to internal teams, and eloquently demonstrate how it aligns with clients' business objectives and overall strategy. In addition to conveying XD's theoretical value to colleagues and clients, you work closely with teams to create and develop experience concepts for projects and pitches through sketches, renderings, and functional prototypes using production-level aerospace components and state-of-the art tools. You are capable of bridging conceptual thinking with engineering best practices to help the supporting team move from prototypes to production. In addition to your vision and passion, you excel at bringing your ideas to life through inspired storytelling, the creation of experience demonstrations, and user testing. Finally, you have a keen understanding of the nuts and bolts of the design process: You have the leadership and discipline to guide a project team from concept through integration; know how to collaborate effectively with peers consisting of engineers, builders, programmers, and creative directors (among others); and know how to work with leadership to develop strategy for project approach, deliverables, resource allocation and schedules. If you'd like to come and help drive Experience Design at TEAGUE, we'd love to see your vision of the journey.
What We Just Said, Now in 5 Bullet Points (a.k.a. Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: Bachelor's degree in a 3-dimensionally expressed creative field such as industrial design, architecture, or exhibit/museum design; Master's degree or higher in one of the above fields and a body of related, published research; 5+ years of experience design and interactive design through physical and digital media. A portfolio of relevant work is required and its expression should be multisensory and multidisciplinary.
- Knowledge: Additional experience or education in engineering, computer sciences, cognitive sciences, material science, large scale prototyping, and/or fine arts. Candidates with relevant credentials in multimedia, service design, user interaction design, communication design, entertainment design, design for hospitality, or similar fields are encouraged to apply. An equivalent level of experience to an undergraduate degree may be considered.
- Passion: Working at the intersection of business and innovatio
- Skills: Mastery of 3D, 2D, hand, and multi-media tools such as Rhino, SolidWorks, Alias, 3D Studio Max, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Audition or other equivalents; familiarity with VR/AR, videography, lighting design, photography, sound design, or other relevant practice; aptitude and versatility with iterative prototyping in up to architectural-scale installations.
- Personality: Inspirational, collaborative, strategic, proactive, open, and empathetic. Passionate about representing the value of experience in the realm of aviation.
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/9vhsckhfrf8nwvr5
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.