We are looking for a talented, motivated and passionate designer who will be responsible for the creation of engaging marketing and advertising campaigns across USA TODAY NETWORK's platforms, social media initiatives, events and products. As part of the Brand & Network Marketing Creative Team, you will work closely with our Art Directors, Creative Director, Marketing Managers and a team of designers to produce effective strategies and design solutions within multiple channels.
- 3-5 years of experience in a relevant role
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Advertising Design, Communication Design or equivalent
- Strong skills in advertising/marketing, typography, retouching and strategic concepting
- Proficiency using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience in illustration, social media, animation, HTML, editing, or video production a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to present work and communicate effectively is a must
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight timelines
- Able to work on-site at our NYC or McLean, VA office
- Collaborate, brainstorm and execute concepts, campaigns and proposals
- Develop and create shareable content for various social platforms
- Help define best practices and help shape the future of our team
- Collaborate internally with creative teams and clients
- Mentor junior designers
- Fun-loving work culture, open office collaborative and private work spaces, social committee, internal events and karaoke outings!
- Generous Health/Dental package, 401(k) Retirement plan, Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
USA TODAY NETWORK (Gannett) is the largest local-to-national media company in the country, using our unique brand of visual storytelling and Pulitzer-Prize winning investigative journalism to deliver high-quality and engaging content while informing and empowering communities to tell their stories.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. All decisions are based only on the individual's qualifications/ability to perform the work. The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions, nature and level of work to be performed as of the document preparation date, they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The company reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, without notice.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Please send resume and link to online portfolio
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.