A mission-driven nonprofit with NYC offices needs a talented and positive Senior Director of Communications to lead their communications team on a direct hire basis. Ideal candidates will have ample experience in nonprofit communications strategy and a laser-focused understanding of the nonprofit and its objectives.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement annual communications strategy across all aspects of the company
- Work with Marketing team to create brand collateral that follows specific objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to present a consistent brand message
- Manage internal communications budget
- Act as communications liaison for all external inquiries
- Supervise growth of website and regularly update with compelling content
- Analyze and report on success of communications strategy; advice on changes as needed
- Cultivate internal archive of past communications for future use
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, PR, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in high-level communications strategy
- Extensive background - 8+ years - in nonprofit communications
- Proven experience in management and leading a team
- Stellar communication skills, with a tactical approach to planning brand messaging
- Commitment to long-term growth and accomplishment
- Team-oriented approach to projects
- Knack for prioritization and multitasking
- Thoughtful and results-driven, with a visibly strong work ethic
This is an exceptional opportunity for a true leader to make a difference with a philanthropic brand. Please submit your resume for consideration.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.