PDR believes thoughtful place making connects people and inspires organizations to thrive. We ask why and seek to understand how design solutions can affect behaviors and impact organizations.
PDR brings 40 years of valuable research, context, and perspective to challenge and change the way organizations think about work and place. As a hybrid design firm made up of designers, architects and business consultants, PDR works from the inside out - solving for the human experience in order to address larger business challenges.
When we say our talented people are our most precious asset, we're serious. Our culture is enviable and we maintain a laser focus on nurturing it as we expand in size. Growth allows us to follow our passion - supporting workers at work as broadly as possible. We believe it is because of this that PDR has been named Houston Chronicle's Top Workplace for 8 years! We are a strong team of designers, architects, workplace consultants, social scientists, artists, and problem solvers who come together to answer business problems and design high performance workplaces for clients across the world.
The Senior Graphic Designer will interface with multi-disciplinary teams of leadership, Architects, Interior Designers, other Graphic Designers, and Consultants to provide expertise and direction for architectural signage, wayfinding, experiential, and exhibit graphics. The Senior Graphic Designer will be responsible for conceptualization and execution of strong, creative ideas for ongoing client communications. The applicant must be able to effectively communicate design intent, concept, and strategy to executive-level clients and must be poised for professional presentations. Additionally, the applicant should be comfortable managing multiple projects and clients with a variety of deadlines and deliverables. Individual will work pro-actively, think strategically, and provide solutions that are in line with firm objectives, priorities, and graphic standards.
- Create new and innovative visual communications content for architectural applications pertaining to wayfinding, signage, exhibits and kiosks, informational, branding, etc.
- Establish and manage client and team expectations while maintaining a positive, proactive, and professional demeanor.
- Lead project management efforts, overseeing and guiding other Signage and EGD designers, considering each team member's individual talents and strengths.
- Demonstrate ability to solve business challenges, produce ideas with depth and good reasoning, as well as clearly articulate the journey from concept to implementation and from macro-level down to micro-level.
- Exercise strong design skills in graphic communication principles, typography, composition, and information hierarchy.
- Manage and prepare working and final documentation wayfinding and identity systems, as well as EGD designs and locations.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of signage detailing, materials, and construction processes.
- Exhibit technical or specialist knowledge of core software and must have a full understanding of relevant services, processes, systems and procedures of design and print.
- Specify materials and construction methods for both interior and exterior applications.
- Coordinate with vendors and fabricators to obtain quotes, as well ensure integrity of final signage deliverables.
- Maintain firm's image, identity, and communication style.
- Professional degree in Graphic Design, Product design, or Architecture
- 5 or more years of experience in professional Signage and Wayfinding
- 3 or more years of experience in Experiential and Exhibit Graphics
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator with CAD Tools plug-in in a PC environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid problem-solving skills, self-motivated and resourceful
- Ability to uphold high project delivery quality and timeliness
- Strong conceptual layout skills and design flexibility
- Experience sourcing and coordinating with vendors to obtain quotes for signage fabrication and installation, seeing the project through to completion
- Expert knowledge of Signage production processes is a must, including a strong familiarity with current code requirements, production standards, and architectural notation
- Strong knowledge of materials qualities and installation procedures and practices
- Working knowledge of print production processes, including color calibration, file compression and digital transfer of files is preferred
- Knowledge or interest in learning architecture programs including AutoCAD, Sketchup, and Revit is a plus
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.