Be part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
* advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that's peer-approved in the country)
* mobile support for the user interfaces
* learning management systems with social media features
* user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
* innovative, machine-scorable items
Develop and track requirements and schedules for CSSC software projects around research and development, including:
- Authoring requirement gathering and analysis
- Facilitating requirements meetings through reviews and approvals, including the peer review sessions, and status meetings with our external software vendors.
- Developing and monitoring budget s and staff expenditures to ensure work is on track and staffing is managed properly - Develop and write software specifications to support work performed by an external software vendor Regularly communicate with CSSC's software engineering teams and external software vendor on status and progress regarding design, reliability and maintenance issues Take ownership of integration analysis of requirements that impact more than your system, and vice versa Track progress toward milestones, anticipate issues, and monitor adherence to project scope, requirements and design documents, schedules, and to the CSSC software development process. Through daily monitoring of issues and new work, identify and escalate issues to Senior Management that put the project completion at risk and where milestones are not tracking toward timely completion. Perform data mining based on adhoc data requests from the development team.
At least a Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems (or a related technical degree) and 8+ years of software development experience around software engineering, quality assurance, or technical project management. Technical Master's degree preferred.
- Experience required in applying best practices in software development, including waterfall and Agile software methodologies, web-based infrastructure, and data-driven systems.
- Must be familiar with project management tools such as Microsoft Project, web-based bug tracking software, and versioning tools such as Mercurial.
- 5+ years of MSSQL or MySQL knowledge and experience, including joining multiple objects, running dynamic stored procedures and functions, and understanding of cross-server database-to-database communication.
- Proficient experience of web-based technologies in diagnosing Production issues through firebug or browser development tools.
- The position requires excellent documentati on and communication skills, a very proactive and detail-oriented person and a strong team-oriented attitude.
Salary: US$108978.98 - US$122867.29 per year
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.