We are looking for a visual designer who has 3+ years of solid interactive design experience. You have a passion for user-centered, interactive design and care about every point and pixel but can still understand the big picture. You take pride in what you do and see usability as a key component to good design. From concept to implementation, you care about every detail. Your style is clean but not boring. You'll be a part of a talented design team solving complex online challenges.
You are responsible for executing designs following a project's established creative/art direction. You'll work closely with our team to ensure that various aspects of design work meet client expectations. You'll work on a variety of project types, including but not limited to responsive websites, mobile-apps, videos, emails, and occasionally print collateral. In addition to working on design comps, you will develop icon systems, retouch photos, build simple prototypes, create spec documents, and QA websites that we've designed/developed.
Who you are:
- You have an understanding of design, UX and technology and a willingness to explore new design ideas
- You are self-motivated and proactive - you don't wait for things to be handed to you - but you're also a team player
- You are extremely detail-oriented and willing to push yourself and other designers with their creative solutions
- You can juggle several projects at once
- You have enough knowledge of front-end technology that you can effectively work with programmers
- You are experienced in and passionate about User-Centered Design
- You have a comprehensive awareness and love of new platforms, technologies, and trends for the digital channel and related mediums
- You know when to take direction and when to own something and make it yours
- You have a sense of pride about everything you design, however big or small
You must have:
- Very strong design skills and a good understanding of UX
- 3+ years of solid interactive design experience (web, app, etc)
- Good understanding, knowledge and sense of typography
- An understanding of how teams work and the desire to contribute to a great working culture
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines and be self-motivated
- Obsessive focus on quality and best results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and InVision
This is a full-time position in our NYC office. In addition to the opportunity of joining a great team, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Only candidates with online portfolios will be considered.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Please send online portfolio, resume, and cover letter.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.