About The Position:
This is a confidential job posting because we are looking for a social media and content marketing rockstar to help us disrupt multi-billion dollar B2C industry that has gotten too set in its ways and we don't want to telegraph our strategy to our competitors just yet. If you are thrilled by the notion of creating a truly industry-leading social media presence backed by a dynamic content marketing campaign, this would be a great position for you!
We are looking for someone who is equal parts creative, analytical, competitive, and empathic who can lead and grow our social media and content development efforts. Our goal is to create an entirely new customer experience that will not only drive sales, but will ultimately position our well-established firm of several hundred employees for rapid national expansion.
Our Executive Committee has authorized the formation of a new Digital Strategy Team and given us a mandate to transform a historically analog business into a responsive, digitally-driven enterprise. In effect, we have both the excitement of a startup, and the stability of an established company, backed by a strong, research-based business plan. Your role on the Digital Strategy team would be to design a new social voice and presence for the firm, establish best practices, manage our content marketing program, grow our lead generation efforts and engagement on social channels, and extract insights from analysis of our campaign performance.
Maryland, Northern Prince George's County, close the 495 Capital Beltway. We will offer some opportunities for remote work, but the team will primarily work on-site to start.
Things you will do:
- Develop, launch, analyze, and improve the firm's social media strategy and lead generation programs.
- Continually listen to, engage with, and learn from customers and competitors alike to gain valuable insights that will inform the work of the Digital Strategy Team, and improve our company-wide customer journey.
- Apply keyword research to write engaging, SEO-optimized blog content that will drive new visitors to our digital properties.
- Create and manage the firm's content marketing programs and marketing calendar with product and technical support from other team members and external contractors.
- Leverage the tools of social media and content marketing to create a powerful, scalable customer journey that can easily reach into new markets and turn customers into raving fans.
- Manage the firm's social recruiting channels and develop new initiatives to communicate our strong values and fantastic culture.
- Deliver a world-class customer experience for those who choose to engage with us on digital channels, establish best practices for such interactions and provide training to other members of the team.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, and fulfillment to better understand our audience and drive greater engagement.
Qualifications We Would Like:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business, marketing, communications, computer science, journalism or a related field.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in digital marketing and social media management, preferably in inbound marketing, content creation and advertising. Hubspot experience preferred, but not required.
- Expert proficiency with all common social media platforms, particularly including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Outstanding verbal and particularly written communication skills, with an emphasis on writing keyword optimized marketing copy, blogs, and related collateral.
- Strong working knowledge of content creation tools like the Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent required. Working knowledge of video creation tools and editing a plus.
- Results oriented with strong analytical and prioritization skills as well as the ability to work independently with limited oversight.
- Strong desire to create something entirely new and commit fully to executing on a shared vision.
- A strong compensation and PTO plan that includes company paid holidays and several medical, dental and vision plan options with employer contribution.
- Immediately vesting 401(k) with employer match at 4%
- A great company and team culture that is casual and fun, but isn't afraid to emphasize results and hold each other accountable for doing our best work.
- A strong philosophy of work/life integration. We're not clock punchers. We treat people like adults and trust you to do your best work no matter where you work from.
- Ample opportunities for advancement in our rapidly growing company which plans to open up an office in a new market every year, for the next five years.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to digitalstrategyMD@gmail.com. We can't wait to meet you and talk more about the position, team, and company!
To prevent spam, this private address forwards directly to the employer.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.