AutoLoans.ca is looking for a results driven talent to join their team in Etobicoke as a Software Engineer. AutoLoans.ca is one of the fastest growing FINTECH businesses in Canada, as well as Canada's largest specialty auto loan company. AutoLoans.ca takes pride in helping people get car loans for all credit situations or as a new method to buying cars online. Our team is looking diligently to select an analytical self-starter with high attention to detail and accuracy in technological operations to stay at the forefront of the industry.
Via thorough analysis and problem solving, the Software Engineer will proactively maintain the excellence of our in-house software. The Software Engineer will aid in the evolution and enhancement our business procedures and challenges for an optimal, effective experience for all stakeholders. Their top notch, analytic mind will outline and enhance critical operational information utilized by the AutoLoans.ca team on a daily basis. The successful candidate will prove as an asset to our team by working individually alongside teams, giving essential support with the highest quality standards for our business success. They will utilize code and data to maintain and evolve positive business actions.
- Adapt and grow our current software to match the business and demographic key indicators of AutoLoans.ca.
- Leading the completion, administration, and solutions for tests for existing and created code and service issues.
- Solution for the feasibility, compatibility and feasibility of operations through requirements for problem definition and evaluating analysis.
- Analyze data for seamless installation and modification of systems.
- Solution for operational obstacles through documentation (written, visual, and having code comments) by designing clear and effective code with system specifications.
- Debug the existing source code and refactor source code.
- Recommend any changes in policies and procedures in regards to operational improvement via systems analysis and through the software development lifecycle.
- Enforces operational protection by maintaining confidentiality of enterprise content and IT standards by following the least privilege principle.
- Adhere to the company's mission and vision with related software tasks, components, and projects as necessary, this could involve innovative solutions and updates as well.
- Study and monitor work processes, obstacles and disruptors, systems flow, data usage, and work processes and conversion plans.
- Directing and overseeing varied software projects and their development; implementation and integration of technical infrastructure.
- Manage and monitor the lifecycle of software development and system performance.
- Work alongside and communicate with the leadership team on programming tasks and statuses.
- Offering user support, tuning and applications.
- Open communication with employee users.
- Oversight over Office 365 management and initiatives.
- Other software and IT tasks as needed.
What We Look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or another related field.
- 7+ years of software engineering/development or programming experience, preferably in a related field.
- Strong programming skills with understanding and experience in software. (development and development processes, design, debugging, testing, and requirements)
- Understanding of programming methodologies and computer science concepts, ie. Object based methodologies.
- Proven experience using Office 365 and Linux.
- Experience with administration and software documentation.
- A keen eye for attention to detail analyzing Information.
- Effective and clear written and verbal communication.
- Proven experience in priority management and working within an array of timelines and budgets.
- An interpersonal team player.
- A motivated self-starter.
- A creative problem-solver.
- Proven experience in software management and development lifecycles.
- Command of the English language.
- Experience in an enterprise
We are rapidly growing as we pioneer an exciting new category in auto financing and buying. We have an impressive list of customers and partners that love our service and team. You will have a direct impact on improving the lives of others and gain a sense of personal satisfaction.
We have built a great culture of enthusiastic, caring, intelligent and collaborative people who care about each other and our customers' success.
Our company is growing at an exponential pace. That is because we have combined an innovative and smart business model with talented people.
We have had proven success which is thanks to the phenomenal people that work with us.
We are an automotive finance company that is not a regular bricks and mortar company, we are driven by our vision and we are changing the way people finance cars in Ontario. We are different and we are unique; we believe if we take care of our people, they will take care of our customers.
What We Offer:
A solid foundation of customers from over 55 years.
The best training program in the province.
Opportunity to work with Canada's largest speciality loan company.
A leadership team that trains and mentors its staff to ensure success for new team members.
No Sunday or holiday work, more time for your family.
Great corporate culture.
A fun place to work!
We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.