Be part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
* advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that's peer-approved in the country)
* mobile support for the user interfaces
* learning management systems with social media features
* user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
* innovative, machine-scorable items The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team.
We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. As a result of our continued growth, we are currently seeking a Software Operations Project Manager for our Washington, D.C . office.
The Software Operations Project Manager will be primarily responsible for the following:
* Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Operations Team and HelpDesk support, through proper troubleshooting and prioritization methods as well as coordination and communication between the clients and the internal team.
* Ensure high-quality customer service and address and maintain frequent and proactive contact with the clients.
* Proven ability to understand technical concepts, including data relationships and software configuration.
* Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously, with an inherent ability to work well under tight timelines, and have strong problem-solving capabilities.
* Develop requirements, budgets, and schedules for the software development projects.
* Facilitate requirements meetings, including the peer review sessions, and status meetings with clients and project team.
* Establish milestones, anticipates issues, and monitors adherence to project scope, requirements and design documents, schedules, and to the CSSC software development process.
* Assume day-to-day responsibility for ensuring that the project is completed on time and within budget, and that all deliverables are of the highest quality.
* Must be familiar with project management tools such as Microsoft Project or BaseCamp and versioning tools such as CVS. Experience with SQL and/or SAS to analyze data is desired.
Demonstrated experience required:
knowledge of all phases of software development cycle, ability to develop project plans, requirements documents, and project budgets. Familiarity with quality assurance practices is required. Experience required in applying best practices in project management, including those used to initiate, plan, control, monitor and report upon all phases of project activity. Must have a quick aptitude for learning new software.
Salary: US$97850 - US$110874.35 per year
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.