https://lumistella.com/ Please send a portfolio or a link to your portfolio when applying.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.
The Sr. Creative Manager, Licensing, is responsible for the design, creative direction, and management of all creative licensing initiatives and strategies for 50+ licensing partners globally. He/She is a multidisciplinary creative with strong business acumen and a collaborative approach to the management of process and people. Strength in graphic designing skills, art direction and brand management as well as in-depth knowledge of licensed consumer products is a must.
This position is to fully support the company's objectives by designing cohesive brand and licensing style guides to be used by both internal design teams and external licensing partners for the development of consumer product goods. He/She must bring strong brand development, design skills and big picture vision to support rapid growth in order to shape the brands visual look and feel across all product categories; including soft goods, hard goods, health and beauty, 3D sculpts, consumables, publishing, games and activities. The ability to create custom designs specific to the product when necessary to enhance brand relevancy is essential.
The Sr. Creative Manager, Licensing, is also responsible for managing the day-to-day relationships with domestic and international licensing partners to ensure consistency with the brand guidelines for both new and existing products and throughout the creative development process from product concept to production, including packaging and promotional materials. He/she is responsible for reviewing the design direction of all licensing submissions and effectively communicating any changes to the Licensee to ensure the desired brand message. In addition, he/she is lead on directing licensing partners on brand and character relevancy though brand training, collaboration, and ideation to formulate a holistic look and feel across all product categories.
He/She works closely with leadership to ensure licensed consumer products not only meet creative and brand guidelines but support company strategies. This is in conjunction with collaborating with other departments, including the business licensing team, to put forth product and design recommendations, and complete all tasks and steps in the process to accomplish company initiatives.
The Sr. Creative Manager, Licensing, must be able to both manage and do the work that needs to be done. The ideal candidate will be a "roll up your sleeves and dive in" type who is happy to do whatever needs to be done to execute on the work at hand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: "Essential functions" are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
1. Create extensive and cohesive branding and style guides, implementing new and existing brand assets;
2. Lead ideation, design creation and maintenance of annual brand resource and style guide development for product and promotional use;
3. Conduct extensive research and analyze domestic and international market trends to integrate into designs and style guides. Put forth recommendations and trend analysis for internal creative teams to set design direction across all product designs (internal) and licensed products;
4. Collaborate with Creative Team members for assets creation and guide development. Direct illustrative material based on design needs;
5. Create original designs to support licensees in development of products that stay true to the look and feel of the brand;
6. Ideate, concept and recommend new products to enhance programs. Collaborate with leadership and direct partners on new product concepts to support brand lore and storytelling for licensed product;
7. Manage day-to-day relationship with licensing partners relative to their product design/creative needs;
8. Art direct and communicate all design changes to Licensees on all licensing submissions, including product, packaging and promotional materials through company approval and asset management systems;
9. Modify prototypes and/or designs while ensuring adherence to timelines, licensing protocols and style guides;
10. Onboard new licensing partners by conducting training meetings on brand overview, style guide use, current approval and asset management systems and overall licensing process and procedures.
11. Collaborate with the Licensing and other cross-functional teams to strategize, assess and resolve complex creative challenges;
12. Partner with Art, New Product Development and Marketing counterparts to ensure brand consistency on all licensing submissions;
13. Maintain assets organization and upload in asset management system
14. Review and recommend process and system updates and new procedure guidelines;
15. Create and update licensing approval process and licensees training documents;
16. Manage and Curate photos of the Licensed Products for Consumer Marketing
17. Organize and maintain style guide design files as well as all pre-production and contractual samples received;
18. Work with Facilities and Compliance on storage, document retention and sample archives;
19. Protects company assets through the proper management of asset files and adherence to company policy with regard to information security and management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. 10+ years of design experience in Licensing or Consumer Packaged Goods; Minimum of 3+ years of management experience;
2. Strong business acumen / mindset with high level design, organizational and communication skills with a collaborative approach to management of process and people;
3. Must have extensive experience designing consumer product licensing product and packaging;
4. Deep knowledge of strategic brand development, management, branding and marketing equities;
5. Extensive design knowledge of branding, style guide creation and use;
6. Extensive knowledge of licensing process and procedures;
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
8. Result oriented mindset;
9. Mature professional experienced in relationship management and complex problem solving;
10. Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, plan and follow through with tangible results;
11. Win-win resolution oriented;
12. Capable of juggling numerous responsibilities and products, both long and short term, in a fast-paced environment;
13. Strong graphic design skills and ability to communicate visually with an eye for consistency;
14. Strong layout skills and design sensibilities;
15. Highly detail-oriented;
16. Ability to adapt style to fit with needs of project;
17. Experience managing a digital rights management system, Workfront and/or Widen a plus;
18. Team-oriented, dedicated, inquisitive, self-motivated and collaborative;
19. Highly skilled with project plans and creative problem solving;
20. Powerful portfolio of creative that demonstrates originality, innovation, problem solving, and personal expression;
21. Adept interpersonal skills; Ability to interact and communicate effectively while maintaining a positive outlook; and
22. Active listening skills and ability to follow directions (hear, process and understand).
1. Bachelor's degree required in Graphic Design or a related field.
Who are we?
The Lumistella Company is a family-owned company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Launched in 2005, The Lumistella Company is home to the bestselling Christmas tradition, The Elf on the Shelf, as well as a number of other products and brands. We are in the business of Creating Joyful Family Moments and strive to provide products, entertainment and experiences to families worldwide, sharing the messages of Faith, Hope and Love. At the core of our business are the values that make us an exceptional place to work, known here at the North Pole as F.I.R.E. (Family Focus, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.)
Despite rapid expansion, we have maintained and continue to offer a strong culture of creativity, fun, learning and respect. We believe that our employees drive our success and we encourage both individual growth as well as extensive collaboration in a team-focused environment. We are constantly seeking talented team members who enjoy a fun and fast-paced work environment and who thrive on innovation.
Because of the dedication and creativity of our employees, we've continued to grow in popularity with footprints in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, and South Africa. We've also grown and expanded our product line to include the Claus Couture Collection, the new Elf Pets collection and much more!
Want to Know More? Working at the North Pole is like working with family. We regularly host employee events, birthday celebrations, and social activities to give us an opportunity to get to know one another and take a breather from the hustle and bustle of the North Pole. Each year, (at the discretion of our owners), our office is closed from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day, and our full time employees are paid for this time. We recognize the need for some RR after a busy holiday season!
We also offer competitive compensation and a robust and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan including profit sharing, short and long-term disability, a flexible spending account for medical and child care reimbursement, basic and voluntary life insurance, and a bonus plan.
The Lumistella Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.