ChefSteps is seeking a full-time Sr. Product Designer to help us revolutionize the kitchen. Is it you we're looking for?
We are a Seattle-based cooking and technology company dedicated to inspiring home cooks to cook more often and have more fun doing it. We design products that solve problems, boost creative instincts, and encourage experimentation in the home kitchen.
As a key member of our design and ecommerce teams, the product designer will own the ChefSteps shopping experience from start to finish and play a vital role in helping us reinvent the kitchen. Our designers work to solve difficult problems for people and, at the same time, to create culture-which is really the amazing part about working here. We strive not just to make cooking easier, but also to convince people to place greater value on the time they spend cooking so that they will do it more often.
We are looking for a designer who is relentless-not just about beautiful design, but about creating a seamless user experience as well. The right candidate will have a genuine passion for ecommerce, and applicants should possess demonstrated savvy with Shopify, AngularJS, and HTML/CSS. Also essential: the ability to analyze customer behavior to ensure that the shopping experience is simple, seamless, sticky, and always enjoyable.
What We Look for in a Portfolio:
When it comes to experience building and shipping products, we're looking for designers with both depth and breadth. Depth is critical for understanding ownership and how much work you put into an end-to-end experience. We want evidence that you have both thought about a product as a whole and considered all the disparate and complex pieces that go into it-and brought the whole and the parts together harmoniously. We want a designer who can focus on designing systems as much as the UI, with product-thinking that is mature and complementary to the visual and UX design. Because product designers at ChefSteps are also product managers-we don't have pure product managers here-we need folks who show strength in both areas. Put simply: you should feel ready to rally a team made up of people from around the company to help bring your vision to reality.
Please submit work that demonstrates one or more of the following:
- Well-rounded UX skills
- Visual design skills that demonstrate expertise in brand identity, typography, and color theory
- Understanding of areas that design supports-namely, sales and product management, with an emphasis on end users and problem-solving for poor or underserved markets
- Technical skills for frontend development, building, and maintenance, plus strong software development and/or other technical chops
- Ability to turn projects into products, demonstrating ownership of the process from start to finish-including testing a product with users and knowing when to ship it
- Humility, intelligence, efficiency
- Excellent portfolio of design work that shows a strong visual design aesthetic and taste level
- Demonstrated experience taking ownership of products
- Deep knowledge of designing ecosystems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Facility with whiteboarding, sketching, and iterating
- Experience running and optimizing experiments
- Ability to ship products, not just projects
Icing on the Cake:
- Strong frontend development skills
- Product management experience
- Usability or UX research skills
- Marketing/advertising/branding expertise
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.