Amazon Cloud Drive is looking for a highly motivated, customer-focused Senior UX designer to create engaging user experiences and push the limits of what customers expect from a modern cloud service.
You are a designer with 7+ years of experience working on real products that people use every day. You are an organized self-starter that can deal with ambiguity and are always on the look out for ways to improve the customer experience. You are an excellent collaborator and have no problem presenting-and defending-your ideas to other designers, product managers, and company leaders. You understand the value of user testing and prototyping, and thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. Above all you are passionate about solving real problems for real people through research, design, and iteration.
View 3 job postings at Amazon Display Advertising
You will work with other members of the design and product teams to create interfaces that are attractive, useful, and usable. You will use market analysis, feedback, site metrics, and usability findings to tailor your designs to the customer in order to best solve their problems. You will be responsible for developing your ideas from concept to completion, presenting them to stakeholders for approval, and working directly with developers to bring them to life.
We are a rapidly expanding team within Amazon focused on creating the best customer-facing experiences for the collection, organization, and enjoyment of personal data and content. We have big ideas, and are willing to take risks in order to realize them. We are small enough to move quickly while enjoying the stability that comes with being an industry leader. We tackle modern, complex problems in innovative ways and create software that improves people's lives.
- Post-secondary education in HCI (Human Computer Interaction) or equivalent training/experience.
- At least 7+ years of professional experience designing /implementing interactive, data-rich, Internet applications with strong information visualization skills, prototyping skills, and usability knowledge.
- Proficient in modern design software like software such as Sketch, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Axure
- Have expertise in designing engaging experiences with a portfolio that matches. Examples of designing for multiple channels and devices/resolutions preferred
- Have 'depth' in interaction design and information architecture with 'breadth' in web technologies, psychology and interaction designs.
- Is an expert in user-centered design and will be an advocate for the user throughout the project life cycle.
- Knowledge of project management and leadership fundamentals.
- Superior communication skills and presentation skills, with an ability to transfer ideas to a diverse audience from executives, to product managers, to software engineers/developers and constructively integrate feedback.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and work with little direction, under tight deadlines.
To prevent spam, this private address forwards directly to an employer @amazon.com MUST: Submitt Folio / Work Samples for consideration
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.