Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.
Our local retail client is looking to hire a contract Visual / UI Designer to support a 3-4 month project. This will be full-time (or very close to full-time.)
DAY TO DAY:
You will be working alongside a UX designer, CTO, creative team, and newly put together dream team of developers and a product manager to support a complete refresh of their eCommerce site. You will be focused on site navigation, spacing, structure, weight, information hierarchy, layout, and font structure paying attention to interaction design. You will act as a senior level UI designer to bring a softness and warmth to their site, mimicking the in store experience of accessible style.
We are seeking the background / experience below for this project:
- 7+ years UI / Visual Design experience
- Must have retail eCommerce experience (ideally across fashion,home, decor)
- Strong experience designing from a mobile first perspective (75% of users are mobile)
- Understanding of UX from a functionality standpoint
- Ability to bring creates and marketing together to identify specific ideas and elements to draw on
- Technical ability to provide specs via CSS to developers so that the design reflects what is coded (strong prototyping)
- Magento knowledge
Salary: Up to US$90 per hour