We are ThinkShout, a Portland-grown, certified B Corp dedicated
to delivering exceptional web development, design, user experience,
and strategy to the nonprofits and forward-thinking organizations
that inspire us.
We are looking for a Strategy Director that
will lead multi-platform engagements with organizations that rely
on digital technologies to drive growth. You will be a force for
innovation as our clients apply emerging tools - solving
organizational challenges in elegant and unexpected ways. You will
proactively identify, define, and design solutions for your
accounts, working across internal departments to deliver
What We're Looking For:
- Experience / technical strategy expertise is a must; brand,
comms, campaigning strategy capabilities are a bonus
- Experience leading multi-platform digital engagements with
complex, sophisticated clients.
- Ability to apply emerging digital technologies in innovative
ways to solve nonprofit and mission-driven organizational
- Ability to innovate around ThinkShout's strategy offerings,
especially with respect to how our clients measure their work,
implement growth strategies, and communicate with their audiences
across digital channels.
- Ability to cultivate account relationships in partnership with
Account Managers and Project Managers.
- Ability to collaborate, learn, and share new skill-sets that
advance the strategy team's expertise.
- Ability to identify - and design solutions for - emerging
client and agency needs.
How You'll Spend Your Time:
- Support across general strategy deliverables, including but not
limited to: desk research; SEO; analytics; user behavior research
insights; strategy and/or technical design briefs; content/ digital
experience strategy; information architecture; designing client
- Understand and leverage the landscape of digital engagement
tools and how those tools can benefit our clients, including but
not limited to: fundraising; social; campaign; and
- Work with our clients and internal teams to surface and
document their business requirements, as well as to collect and
analyze engagement data that will inform the solutions we recommend
and guide our technical work.
- Develop and help sell strategic services to current and
- Demonstrate thought leadership: speaking engagements and
- Perform lead strategist role during project discovery phases,
including scope coordination with sales team, workshop development,
and client presentations.
The Strategy Director's success will be evaluated based on the
- ThinkShout's discovery process uncovers impactful, measurable
metrics for success that are shared and understood by the client
and internal project teams.
- Our clients' communication strategies are implemented across
all available and appropriate channels.
- ThinkShout projects successfully and respectfully balance
project goals against constraints.
- Project goals are established upon launch/roll-out and iterated
against during the lifespan of ThinkShout's engagements.
- ThinkShout burnishes its reputation as an innovative strategic
partner, externally and internally.
- Internally, the ThinkShout team understands how we're working
to help our clients achieve their goals.
- ThinkShout leverages the most relevant digital engagement tools
to benefit our clients, including but not limited to: fundraising,
social, campaign and community-building.
- ThinkShout publishes regularly on the agency blog and external
publications, including case studies of our clients' cultural
Our home office is in Portland, OR. Due to COVID-19, our office
will remain closed at least through Summer 2021 and our entire team
is working remotely. We welcome applications from candidates across
the country. About 20% of us are full-time remote and we welcome
more full-time remote employees. We work hard to maintain 40hr work
weeks, and we're committed to supporting flexible schedules.
The salary band for this position is $95-125k. In addition, we
offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Matching 401k
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- 32 days of PTO annually, including holidays
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years with the company
- Professional development funds
- Good management support and a well thought-out yearly review
ThinkShout is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving
a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. A diverse workplace
strengthens the work of all employees, ensures that the
organization has the strongest staff possible, and enables all
employees to collectively and more completely pursue the
fulfillment of our mission, vision, and values. ThinkShout is
committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
Please submit a resume (no more than 2 pages) in PDF format and
if applicable, include links to your online presence, portfolio, or
personal website. We request that you do not submit a cover letter.
In its place, we have a few questions for you to answer in the job
application. These questions help us learn more about you and are
an integral component of the interview process.
If you are selected to move forward, here's what you can
- Round 1 is a 25-minute screening call
- Round 2 is a 45-minute interview with 2 people from the
- Round 3 is a 75-minute panel interview with representatives
from different departments of the company
We are looking to fill this position for a June start date.
Please note that candidates must reside and be eligible to work
in the United States.