Our client, an interface design group, is looking for a UI Designer. This is a temp position with full-time hours in Long Beach.
- Development of color, shape, font choices, typography, icons, motion and other graphic elements that meet the branded needs of projects
- Contribute to user research - creating system solutions and concepts and defining the principles and personas for the project
- Work closely with Interaction Designer to develop interaction models, wireframes, mockups, user task flows, and UI specifications as needed
- Create a cohesive style guide to be applied across the user interface; maintain consistency in visual elements and define behavior throughout all screens
- Produce assets and screens for UI's that have been selected for production, such as replication of screens, generation of camps, cutting and extraction of parts, and any supporting material that Engineering needs to develop the UI
- Maintain animation samples and screen assets; review documents with engineers and guide them when needed
- Assist and create presentations, sketches, diagrams, maps, computer renderings, storyboards, videos, and other items as necessary to properly communicate ideas and solutions to team
- Prepare materials and contribute in user testing and validation of proposed solutions as needed
View 5 job postings at Syndicatebleu
- Bachelor's degree in Design (Graphics, Product, Industrial or interface/interaction) from four-year college or university
- 2+ years of experience, or a graduate-level degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to review data/observations and provide specific conclusions and possible strategies to accomplish or solve problems identified in the information gathered
- Previous experience in the automotive, electronics, and/or mechanical space
- Programming knowledge preferred, with the ability to create designs that are on target for the user while considering added cost vs. added value
- Ability to generate motion samples and system features to match specific project requirements
- Previous experience creating associated video and integrating system movements and feedback as necessary
If you are interested and available, please respond with the most recent copy of your resume and a link to your portfolio.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.