Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.
Our client, a global financial services company, is looking to hire a User Experience Researcher.
The ideal candidate will have Wealth Management or Fintech experience.
It's imperative that the UX Researcher has strong mixed-methods and design research skills - a Researcher who is sharp in quant is ideal!
The ability to clearly speak about a strong understanding of the Wealth Management space when talking about previous UX Research experience is helpful; they want someone who is self-explanatory!
The goal for this team is to improve their various Wealth Management customer tools and web/mobile applications for a better digital customer experience (CX) for clients, prospects and advisors of all ages and investment levels.
UX Researcher Core Competencies
- Demonstrate a higher than usual degree of user empathy, and will be able to tell a compelling story about the motivations and intentions of our users, inspiring all stakeholders towards "Aha!" moments.
- Be able to take sometimes, fuzzy-headed notions and craft those into solid, testable research hypotheses around which you will design and deliver the appropriate research.
- Command a keen sense of design and understand when less is more and when it's not.
- Be able to roll-up your sleeves and learn / write SQL scripts to gather behavioral data for secondary or primary research needs.
- Have excellent project management and organizational skills and be able to work collaboratively and productively with diverse teams and as well as independently.
UX Researcher Details
- At least 3 years of UX Research experience required
- Wealth Management or Fintech background required
- Truly a mixed method role, qualitative and quantitative
- Scope and craft research strategy, conduct research, and deliver actionable insights for a variety of digital projects
- Join a team of 2 UX Research Leads, another Researcher and the hiring manager (Research VP)
- Ability to communicate research results, graphically depict data, and justify methods and approaches-orally and in writing-considered a good thing (wild gesturing optional)
- Knowledge of SQL, HQL, Pivot Tables, RStudio, Photoshop, SharePoint, Sketch, InVision, or other scripting or prototyping tools are additionally advantageous
- Must be able to show and speak to clear examples of survey research, service design research or clear examples of ethnographic research
This is a freelance to full-time UX Researcher opportunity that is remote during covid but eventually onsite either fully in NJ or between NYC and NJ, depending on what is preferred (both offices are easily commutable by public transportation).
Please note that this is a summary of our client's full job description so if you are interviewing with them please be sure to request the full copy from us to prepare, especially noting the key skills and key responsibilities lists.