A company in Linthicum, MD is looking for a UX Design Lead to join their team.
You will be working for a start-up department within a larger organization focused on creating exceptional customer experiences.
The ideal candidate will be a Design Strategist who has a passion for the digital space and leading customer experiences with hands on experience.
* Be able to work in an agile, fast paced environment.
* Be able to get your hands dirty and dive in when needed, but also mentor and lead a team of UX designers and content strategists.
* The Design Lead will have a passion for solving complex problems from a diverse set of perspectives and thinking outside the box with not just redesigning but reimagining customer experiences
* Drive the design process from concept to visualizing ideas.
* Use best practices to define and implement design criteria.
* Lead user research and testing, develop personas, activity models, etc., map customer journeys, etc.
* Create ideas and concepts through storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
* Communicate research findings, ideas, design, and rationale.
* Be able to turnaround interactive prototypes quickly through low fidelity visual designs.
* Manage and oversee the delivery of projects by defining project scope, goa ls and deliverables.
* 8+ years experience designing digital products and services
* User of human-centered approaches from research to concept to deliverable
* Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail is a must
* Experience leading designers and other members of a cross-functional team within an Agile environment
* Knowledge of web-based technologies
* Experience working with front and back-end developers
* Able to work in a changing, fast paced environment
* Positive attitude and motivation to deliver and ensure highest quality deliverables
* Understanding and demonstrable knowledge of interaction design and information architecture principles
* Familiarity with Adobe CS, Sketch, OmniGraffle as well as good experience with MS Office
* Knowledge of visual/graphic design principles is a plus!
* Proficient with Sketch, Axure, UXPin, Invision or Flinto
* Great communicator with negotiation skills
* Undergraduate degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction is preferred
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.