Los Angeles, CA
Boingo helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually - in places as varied as airports, stadiums, universities, and military bases.
The User Experience (UX) Designer will collaborate with Boingo's product owners to develop experiences that customers love and that help make one of the most innovative business in the wireless space thrive.
At Boingo, you'll perform primary and secondary customer research, conduct panels/interviews, develop rapid prototypes, test new concepts using lean UX principles, measure customer success, and provide recommendations for informed iteration.
The UX Designer loves details of making products work and coming up with new UX design ideas by staying attuned to the latest in human-machine interface best practices. This person is highly effective at communicating and works well with designers, engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Devise UX strategy and work cross functionally to lead and maintain the UX vision.
- Develop and leverage personas to inform user goals for specific lines of business.
- Collaborate with product owners to translate persona goals into interactions, wireframes & prototypes.
- Iterate through interactions and subtle details using prototyping and testing to deliver the optimal customer experience.
- Collaborate with visual designers on the final implementation of products, features and experiences.
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to user-test new concepts and assist engineering with the final implementation.
- Lead UX design reviews and review deliverables from designers and engineering.
- Analyze customer feedback and quantitative data to constantly improve the product.
- Five or more years of UX design experience.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college/university or equivalent experience in design
- Expertise with UX software such as Axure RP PRo, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, Adobe, etc.
- Experience taking products from concept to launch.
- Ability to create mockups and/or clickable prototypes using tools such as InVision, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Expertise in user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams and customers.
- Close collaboration and communication with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Ability to research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
- Passion for all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Background with and use of Cooper or IDEO methodologies is a significant advantage.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually - in places as varied as airports, stadiums, universities, and military bases. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We're a team of enthusiastic pros who are the best at what they do, and love working hard to grow our business. We work hard, but we play hard too. Boingo boasts a super-fun working environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There's also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, an unlimited vacation policy, and an incredible benefits package that includes equity. Plus, our new award-winning WWHQ, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It's no wonder we've been named one of the Best Places to Work in LA for 3 years in a row!
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.