Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.
Our client, an educational publishing company, is looking for a UX Designer to join their team for a year!
The UX Designer will be focused primarily on the usability and accessibility of their learning experiences. You will be creating interactive prototypes, storyboards and wireframes, and creating final interface designs to meet the WCAG 2.0 standards.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop products in collaboration with educators we serve
- Create new, engaging and accessible experiences and improve existing products meet guidelines
- Participate in accessibility reviews of interactive instruction and practice lessons
- Collaborate with project teams and developers to propose solutions that are user-focused
- Use iterative and collaborative design techniques to prototype and test solutions
- Create high-fidelity comps, develop effective documentation and collaborate closely with development teams to ensure proper implementation of design
The ideal UX Designer will have:
- 3+ years of experience in a UX/UI capacity; passion and experience with WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards is required
- A portfolio showcasing your work across products
- A deep understanding of accessibility standards, WCAG guidelines, Universal Design for Learning (UDL), and a commitment to a more equitable product that serves all students.
- Proficient in prototyping software such as Adobe XD or Invision - Understanding of HTML5 is a plus!
- Strong knowledge of mobile and web interaction
This is a remote, 40 hours per week opportunity for the next year with a company who is changing the education experience for students across the US.