We're looking for a talented UX Designer who is eager to lead our design efforts as we redefine private markets. Join us if you are a data-driven, creative problem solver with a passion for designing elegant user experiences and collaborating across multiple teams. A strong portfolio of cross-platform UX projects, including desktop, mobile, and e-mail, and demonstrated experience of improving funnel conversion while keeping the customer experience clean and intuitive is essential.
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and PE investors. Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders, while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served 100+ premier tech and digital health companies, and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. We have successfully completed 5,000+ private placement transactions, a testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN
- Ownership and direction of our design philosophy to drive improvements across the organization including branding, user conversion, and engagement
- Experience helping to scale a high growth FinTech company and influence overall design decisions
- Ability to participate in rapid iteration of products and features while owning the user experience
- Opportunity to work closely with the entire organization, including engineers, product managers, and the founding team
- Access to corporate discounts (commute, gym, rental car, groceries, etc.)
- Equity, competitive salary, full benefits (health, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, paid parental leave, and fun with our team!
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 3+ years in a UX design role at a data-driven, consumer facing company
- A strong eye for visual and interaction design with cross-platform experience (desktop, responsive mobile, native mobile, email)
- Experience collaborating directly with PMs, engineers, business stakeholders, and end users to develop design concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly skilled at creating both lo-fi and hi-fi wireframes as well as interactive prototypes for idea iteration and interaction design
- A data-driven mentality with at least intermediate experience running experiments (e.g. A/B tests), researching user behavior, and analyzing data across analytical platforms (e.g. SQL, Excel, Kibana, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, and Optimizely)
- Demonstrated experience improving conversion across various stages of the funnel
*BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Understanding of the financial services/FinTech industries or marketplace business models
- Experience working with contractors and managing design-focused projects
- Experience sourcing, recruiting, and hiring other designers
- Desire to work in an agile / lean environment
- Entrepreneurial experience and drive
Location: Manhattan, New York City
Type: Full Time
Sector: Financial Technology (FinTech)
Min Experience: 3+ years in a UX design role at a data-driven, consumer facing company
Equity Grant: Yes
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.