UX Designers improve the users experience of Mutual of Omaha's
digital properties. Captivated by understanding and serving as a
champion for the user in every discussion and at every decision
point. You will design, facilitate, and analyze various user
research activities, including but not limited to user testing,
interviews, and observations.
You will also leverage user research insights and business
strategy requirements to create innovate interactive
web/mobile/tablet application design concepts and drive them to
completion. High empathy for users and drive to solve problems to
help users accomplish their goals. If you have strong
problem-solving and critical thinking skills, intense curiosity and
determination to improve experiences. Join the team who makes it
Mutual of Omaha
Mutual of Omaha is a Fortune 500 company that is home to more than 5,000 employees nationwide. Here your career path is as unlimited as your potential. Bring your new ideas and passion. We'll make sure your work is interesting, challenging and fulfilling.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design task analysis, user flows and stories, navigation,
content hierarchies, interaction design, and functioning
- Create personas, user flows, empathy maps, journey maps,
experience maps, information architecture and other documents to
communicate research findings
- Understand digital accessibility and design using best
practices for ADA compliance to ensure that designs and code
- Collaborate with UX Visual Designers and Developers to solve UX
issues with layout and functionality-based solutions
- Advocate for users across the organization and communicate the
value and principles of user-centered design
- Build interactive prototypes for usability studies
- An awesome portfolio. Applications will not be considered
- 3+ years hands-on experience as UX Designer, preferably as a
member of UX team(s)
- 2+ years hands-on experience in UX design, UX research or UX
- Experienced with creating and conducting moderated and
unmoderated usability studies
- Able to lead creation of user personas, experience maps, and
- Fluent in responsive design
- Designed for and executed across multiple interfaces, platforms
and channels (Web, email, mobile, social media)
- Familiar with ADA compliance requirements
- Communicates ideas through effective storytelling with
sketches, wireframes, comps and prototypes
- Experienced with common design software (Adobe products,
Sketch, InVision, Keynote/PPT for the creation of IXD artifacts,
documentation, and presentations -or- fluency with Photoshop and
Illustrator or Sketch
- Able to run with digital analytics
- Understands branding as it relates to user experience
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the
department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field
- Google Analytics or other Web analytics solutions (Coremetrics,
Adobe Analytics/SiteCatalyst, Webtrends)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience designing for mobile platforms (iOS and
- Interest and participation in professional industry groups,
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community
and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental,
vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit
our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $71,350 - $114,170.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product
customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability
creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to
experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you'll have the tools to be your best self at
work. Here you'll do meaningful work and your talents will have a
positive impact on peoples' lives as we help our customers protect
what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse,
dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become
engaged feel a sense of belonging and contribute
to the company's exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND
EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact
our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if
you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our
career center as a result of your disability. To request an
accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at
1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30
pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal
Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to